Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short and sweet, she started when I left work for lunch, didn't when I tried to return to work.

It has been a bit sluggish start for a little while, but nothing that drew large concern, noticeable but not problematic. When I tried to leave it didn't do anything, I turned the key and it just went black, didn't even click. If I recall right, before turning the key the "door open" light was on, but that was about it. After I tried nothing was on, after opening the hood the dome light came back on. Battery still looks good, no corrosion, no damage, even hooked up a voltmeter and got a decent reading. (it's not a great meter so the reading is not perfect) I hooked up a jump box and more lights came on, and there was some clicking with light flashes, but no real attempt to start.

From basic knowledge and a few of the threads here, I'm confident it's the battery.(although I have always had battery's fade, never just die) But due to a good storm today someone put the thought in my head it could be the computer, so now I'm paranoid. Last thing I need is to replace a comp right now, although from other threads it sounds like it's going to take a toll on an already light wallet.

Any thoughts from the wise?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd try the battery first. I just went through this with my lil' Aveo...

The battery is the most important forgotten part of a car!

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Sounds like the battery. I just replaced the original battery in my 07 cuz it did the same thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone, it deff was the battery, even tried to jump off a newer F150 and it was better, but nothing. New battery and all is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts