Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this month it is exactly 10 years after the production for MYTOYRT and I have been thinking about putting something else in the garage space. I have turned it into a daily driver the last year or so and thought I needed a new garage queen. This weekend I got reminded why it has that space in the garage.

I took a round trip to Greensboro, NC from Maryland this past weekend and it was awesome. The first rest stop (had the family you know how that goes) and no less than three families asked to take pictures with MY TOY. I get to the hotel and the front desk people leave their station to take a look when I rolled up to unload (family again, man they pack a lot of stuff for a weekend..LOL).

That alone made the trip worthwhile to renew my enthusiasm for MY TOY. Then I took a look at the gauges and she rolled 24.1 mpg on the trip down and that was a steady 75-85 mph. I thought it was exaggerated, so I decided to zero it out on the way home and check again when I get home. To my surprise, 24.0 on the trip back. Gotta love a car that can roll like that after 10 years and still turn heads.

Looks like that new garage queen will have to wait a while longer.

Beautiful Isn't She

Attachments

·
GooN
950 Posts
Looking Good! I really dig that hood! :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I hear you on that. The other day, while waiting at a red light, I had a guy who was waiting at a bus stop signal me and give me a thumbs up and mouth "nice ride". People have told me that it can't be a good car since it was only produced for a short time but I instead choose to consider myself one of the lucky ones who got one of the chosen few. :)

I am totally looking forward to the day when my daughter tells her kids about how she used to ride around in grampa's car and then see the look on her face when I hand her the keys for good. :) Decided a while ago that no matter what this car is staying with me for the long haul.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
I agree with you, my 10 year old Maggie still draws a crowd.....................

Bob

·
Registered
732 Posts
Looks sharp! Love the hood. I had the same on my 05 rt.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,571 Posts
I have NO plans on getting rid of any of our SIX! Love them all.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looking good man! I hope to have that same hood one day. If not that one, then the one that MARE has. I got rid of my 1st Magnum because I had an itch for something different. And now here I am, back with a R/T instead of the SXT and I plan on keeping it for a loooong time...unless my dad wants to sell me his SRT :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts