Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this last weekend I swapped out my stock T-Stat with a Jet 180* and adjusted my fan speeds with my inTune with the help of Bill in the "How To: Adjust fan speeds for a 180 thermostat w/DSP" in the "***The Ultimate CM.com How To:***" thread.

My question is there anything else I need to do? I keep seeing these fan mods posts over on LXF and are any of those mods something I need to do?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Fan mods are for gaining the ability to turn the fans on/off manually. They are necessary for temperature control if a low temperature tstat is used without having access to fan speed programming through tuning. Since you're using a Diablosport programmer, you do not need a fan mod.

Remember that a low temp tstat (180 or ?) opens at a lower temperature only. It's the fan settings that will control the temperature of the engine. Feel free to adjust the fan settings per your needs. If you want cooler, try dropping the temperature to 185/190 or even 183/187....Remember that the cooler the settings, the more often the fans will run.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fan mods are for gaining the ability to turn the fans on/off manually. They are necessary for temperature control if a low temperature tstat is used without having access to fan speed programming through tuning. Since you're using a Diablosport programmer, you do not need a fan mod.

Remember that a low temp tstat (180 or ?) opens at a lower temperature only. It's the fan settings that will control the temperature of the engine. Feel free to adjust the fan settings per your needs. If you want cooler, try dropping the temperature to 185/190 or even 183/187....Remember that the cooler the settings, the more often the fans will run.
Thanks I was hoping you were going to chime in Bill lol. That was my gut feeling but I wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts