Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A brief history, I have an 05 2.7 I bought new in 04, it has 152K+, I'm a field engineer and I travel up and down the west cost, so a ton of highway miles.

I am religious about oil/air filter changes, but have lacked on other items. I did have transmission, coolant and rear axle fluids done at 70k by the dealer. Everything I just replaced this last weekend was factory, plugs, O2 sensors(aaggghhh), accessory belt, and right tie rod.

I still have 430 code so I am replacing both cats( walker direct fit, I hope they go easy), thermo stat/coolant and coolant bleeder(starting to leak).

I was wondering about timing belt, it only mentions the 3.5 in the manual and nothing about the 2.7, plus how hard is this to do, I only have weekends, then she has to go back to work.

Thanks
TD

just for all of you wondering, I never did anything with HHO, after going thru the manuals then reading up on the o2 sensors, I didn't want to blow my engine, it sounds great but now a days with all the electronics, getting around this stuff is hard, I would try it on and older model car though :).

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The 2.7 has a timing chain and doesn't require replacing.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now to finish the rest of the to do list, swapping out the cats right now and found a leaky oil pressure switch. running back to Auto Zone again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts