Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fallas,
I own a 2.7 liter mag. Bought it when i got a new job that caused me to drive 120 miles a day there and back so i loved the gas mileage. Like most of you, i cant leave well enough alone and added about 200lbs of audio, drop springs and 22's. Now i cant get out of my own way on the road. I installed a big bully intakeyesterday and dont notice much of a difference besides its louder. My question is what are the best mods to get some extra HPs out of the 2.7 while maintaing the gas mileage for the most part. any info would help. thanks.

·
rollin and lookin good
3,694 Posts
Real quick....cause Im at work...ran across your post...

I too have a 2.7 but It dont have a problem getting out of its own way.... it aint a v8 and Im getting about 21mpg mixed city and highway on a constant basis and not coasting with it ... but in the run since Ive had mine...

I have added true duals
performance chip stage II
custom cia

I keep the oil changed and keep the gas system cleaned... thats about it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I keep the oil changed and keep the gas system cleaned... thats about it...
What do you do to keep the gas system clean? I have strange issues with my 2.7 that might be caused by the fuel system pressure

·
Registered
77 Posts
Whats up fallas,
I own a 2.7 liter mag. Bought it when i got a new job that caused me to drive 120 miles a day there and back so i loved the gas mileage. Like most of you, i cant leave well enough alone and added about 200lbs of audio, drop springs and 22's. Now i cant get out of my own way on the road. I installed a big bully intakeyesterday and dont notice much of a difference besides its louder. My question is what are the best mods to get some extra HPs out of the 2.7 while maintaing the gas mileage for the most part. any info would help. thanks.
Whats up fallas,
Whats up fallas,
If the 22's with tires installed have a larger diameter than the original wheels with tires, get rid of the 22's and go back to stock wheel size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts