Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a question i have a 06 magnum with a 2.7 with a 4 speed transmission i brought a 07 3.5 with a 5 speed transmission what would i have to do to use the 4 speed transmission or 5 do i have to do to use it with the 5 speed transmission
05-06 cars are unique into themselves. Wiring is specific as are the blocks. AC compressor rear bolt hole is different from 07-10's. 07 cars are basically 07 specific also. 08-10 are specific years to for the most part.
While the 07 engine will mechanically bolt up for the most part, there are some differences that will cause problems. Wiring is different too. 05-06 cars really need 05-06 engines for ease of installation. Cam sensor is unique, coil packs are unique, wiring is unique as well as valve covers.
The oil pan is the only difference as far as 4 or 5 speed trans goes for the engine. Easily swapped. But, the wiring harness and PCM are totally different between the two. If it has a 4 speed stick with it. If it has a 5 speed, stick with it. The body harness is specific to the trans installed as well as the complete dash harness.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts