Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm trying to decide between 20 inch and 22 inch rims for my 07 Magnum. Can anyone give me recommendations on rim and tire sizes and possible pics of your Magnum if you have them?

Thanks!
RC3

PS. Currently have BC Racing Coil Overs installed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
On 22s the day I bought this one. I still ha e pics of my previous one that was also on 22s if you wanna see that one too. Only difference I notice is 20s ride a little smoother. 22s look better in my opinion though. Fill the wheel well out nicely and I've never had problems with rubbing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
As long as you're no too low, 20's or 22's can go on without much trouble. If you're lowered, some modification may be required. (fender rolling)

I'm running 22" x 10.5" on the rear with a 295/30/22 tire and on the front, I run a 22" x 9" with a 265/35/22 tire

Rear

Front

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
22s look better than 20s. You may have to visit several alignment shops / tire shops before finding one who has equipment to work on a car with 22s though. If you have a custom wheel shop and a performance car garage in your area, you should be fine though. I had to visit several places before I found someone who could change a tire for me or do a proper front wheel alignment. My car sits so low, it wouldn't fit on any of the racks with my stocks on. They dropped my car even lower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You for the responses! I think I'm gonna go with 22's, does anyone know how low I should drop the magnum with them. 1'',1.5'' etc?

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
That's up to you. How stiff do you want the ride to be, how aggressive do you want your car to look ? A 1" drop won't be very noticeable. Not even worth the effort, IMO. It'll depend on your tire fitment too. I have a 265.35.22 tire and 2.25" lower than stock. You're really gonna have to be careful when driving with those numbers. All 4 wheel wells were modified, my front fender liners are trimmed, and I've hit the bottom engine service panel a couple times on road debris. Ideally, I should have done a 2" drop with a 255 tire. Now that everything has been changed to fit this particular height and tire, I'm just ridin with it. You'll have to be careful scrapin your bumper and take into account the winter driving where you live.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have 22" Viper Reps in 295/30/22 and 275/35/22 and i honestly am not happy with having 22s. They're just too big after having 20's for awhile. It's just my opinion though, I grew out of them very quick because I used to be VERY against going anything larger than 20-21 on wheels. But here I am and guess what? I don't like it anymore. Just make sure you think really hard about it. 20s look SUPER GOOD with a fat meaty tire and a wide set-up. I personall am lookig for some widened steelies.

·
Magnums Rule....
1,501 Posts
If your car is a dailey driver go with 20", if not go with 22" , I dropped mine down 2" and you must roll the fenders. On 20" i would only drop 1.5" and if you do lower your car you basically cant use the stock 17 or 18" wheels or you will be dragging on every driveway.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have staggered 22's on my Magnum. I had to roll the fenders because it's dropped 2 inches. My 300 SRT8 has the stock 20's with stock tire sizes. It rides nice and smooth but doesn't hook up when I punch it. I have to ease into it. But the ride differences are completely different.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have to go ditto on the comments of those who are running 22 inch wheels setups, personally I love my 22 inch wheels setup (265/35 front on 8.5 wide wheels ; 285/35 rear on 11.5 inch wide wheels), the front wheels are offset of +15 and the rears are +18 offset. The car is my daily driver, I currently run a set of nexxen tires, they do "howl" a little bit when coming to a stop, but when I burn these nexxens out going to try a set of nitto's to see how they run, but if you haven't yet, do yourself the big favor of thoroughly inspecting your front end suspension parts and replace worn items, especially that dreaded and infamous front tension strut, my ride quality is great since doing some front suspension maintenance. 22's to me, really make the Magnum stand out, I may try 20's one day but they would surely have to outshine my current setup. Hope you find the set you're looking for brother, and remember its your ride for you, build it how you want it and enjoy.

·
Rollin in the Mag
5,350 Posts
I too had 20's, which were nice, but love my 22's much more! I'm lowered 1.5" and the 22's just fill the well nicer, our cars have pretty big wheel wells and can hold 22's without looking too big. My 22's are staggered, different rim but the same size as Fireman...... 22" x 10.5" on the rear with a 295/30/22 tire and the front is 22" x 9" with a 265/35/22 tire.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Am I the only one running 275 fronts on a 9" wheel?!? Also After putting my 22" wheels on I am pretty sure I've gone through 2 tension struts. IT is SUPER annoying. Will definitely trade my vipers for some 20" MSRT-8 stocks. lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have to agree with what most other people have said, if you want to look, then go w/ the 22s (mods needed), but if your Mag is a daily driver you may want to go w/ the 20s for a better overall ride & feel. JMO

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
On our eleven LX's we have 20's on some and 22's on others; NO noticeable difference to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys

I'm trying to decide between 20 inch and 22 inch rims for my 07 Magnum. Can anyone give me recommendations on rim and tire sizes and possible pics of your Magnum if you have them?

Thanks!
RC3

PS. Currently have BC Racing Coil Overs installed!
I have 2005 Dodge Magnum I m fixing up to be future show car. I m planning to go Front 275x35zr20 (20x8.5) Rear 305x35zr22 (22x10)

Facebook web page: Unique1
Car Name: Unique1
Instagram: unique1x
Theme: Beauty calms the Beast

1 - 16 of 16 Posts