Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Magnum RT: 3K miles, SRT8 Front End, Flat Black 22" Viper Reps, Lowered, OEM Nav

2005 Dodge Magnum RT, Black, Tan Interior, SRT8 Front Grill, Custom Viper Emblems (front grilland steering wheel), Lowering Springs, Dodge Viper 22" Flat Black Wheels and tires, SRT8 Black Headlights, OEM Navigation, Heated Seats, Sunroof, K&N CAI

Here's the story: I'm getting a company car and selling my Magnum. Let me start by saying that if you are looking at buying a Dodge Magnum RT, you would be flat crazy to not consider this car. Reason? It has a brand new Hemi 5.7L V8 that carries an unlimited year 100K warranty from Promar Engine. I purchased this 2 owner car in Dallas Texas last year for $10,000. The car was stock as a bone and in great shape inside, out, up, down, and underneath. It was always garage kept so the paint is in great condition. As soon as I bought the car I had to all the fluids changed, new motor mount installed, and a coolant line fix. The mechanic was mopar guy himself and told me how shocked he was when he saw how clean the under belly and motor looked for a 116K miles. I was excited and started putting money in this car. I put Tein 1.7" lowering springs and new struts on the car ($750), installed flat black Viper 22" wheels with new Hankook tires ($1700). Then I finished my obsession by locating an srt8 valance, had it painted, took off the hideous ram emblems and had black and gunmetal viper emblems made for the valance and steering wheel. I changed the oil every 5K miles but 3K miles ago the motor threw a valve seat and the motor ate itself alive. As I am sure you guys know, a LOT of the hemi 5.7's built in 04-06 have questionable internals. This catastrophic engine event happens every day to Hemi's made during this time and I was the unlucky recipient. So, $6,000 later this car has a new Hemi 5.7L V8 built by Promar performance engines out of NJ. They used better quality internals and this motor is SOLID and claimed to run 200-300K opposed to the used magnums that are for sale out there with engines waiting to tank after 100K mikes. The car comes with a transferable 100K unlim year warranty. The tires also come with a road hazard warranty via Discount tire which is transferable as well. This car drives amazing, rides smooth with no noises, and the motor feels super strong. Today it has 3000 miles on the motor.

KBB has this car at $18,890 at 3,000 miles but I understand that I'm going to be selling it for less given the rest of the car has 130,000 miles. With TTL, the $10,000, wheels, tires, new motor, suspension, and regular maintenance, I have over $20,000 in this car. Keep all that in mind and if you are interested please PM me an offer.

6-8-2012 12-49-07 PM.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts