Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Magnum family,
So I've been on YouTube and have seen videos of people upgrading their 5.7 cams to 6.4, lifter upgrades, springs, mds delete, 5.7 intake manifold to 6.4 intake manifold, etc. I'm having trouble understanding if I am able to do such upgrading to my 05 5.7. All the upgrading I'm finding is for later models. What parts and years should I be looking for compatability?
Thank you everyone,

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,181 Posts
For the 05, everything is the same as 06-08 and the mods you mentioned will work in that motor. What you need to look for is anything pre-eagle. 2009 and up used the newer Eagle motor and the 6.4 is the Apache.

The pre-eagle intake is it's own. An eagle or apache intake won't fit without expensive spacers. For the pre-eagle your only option for an intake is the aluminum 6.1 version.

Lifter upgrades- only if you delete MDS then you have to replace the lifters AND cam for a non-MDS version- that's what I just did. And delete the EGR while you are at it.

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,181 Posts
I really appreciate the information.
I just got a MDS delete kit so will be doing that. Any hints or tips on the EGR Delete?
You'll have to a quick search to find the block off plate for the head and the cap for the intake. Then you need to delete it in the tune, along with the MDS. Both = gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You'll have to a quick search to find the block off plate for the head and the cap for the intake. Then you need to delete it in the tune, along with the MDS. Both = gone.
How do I confirm that the MDS has been eliminated on my car?? I just bought it a few weeks ago. Sorry to hijack.. this was just in line with what I was told about my car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do I confirm that the MDS has been eliminated on my car?? I just bought it a few weeks ago. Sorry to hijack.. this was just in line with what I was told about my car.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or if there is an easier way.
If you take off your intake manifold, you well see the 4 MDS solenoids on top of the engine block, each having a wire that is connected to the solenoid and going to a wire connection at the back of the engine. The solenoids each go to a different cylinder. If they have been removed, there will be plugs blocking off the holes with no wires.
Then you just have to assume that someone switched out the non mds cam and lifters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts