Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my first car a few months ago. Of course I went and bought my favorite a Dodge Magnum i need some help though on getting it into shape. It has an air raid filter but i feel no increase or pep when i accelerate. So i feel like the best way to go is the K&N Filtercharger Injection Performance Kit , Part No. 57-1543 my grandfather a former race car driver swore by KN so i trust that. I am also thinking about getting a magnaflow exhaust this one to be exact Magnaflow 16635 Stainless Steel 2.5" Single Cat-Back Exhaust System. So do you think i am doing the right thing ? Help a magnum owner out lol

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
THERE IS A LOT OF OPINIONS ABOUT EXHAUST AND FILTERS.
i like the volant cold air intake 16635150 because it keep all the engine heat away from the filter. and we all know heat kills power
as far as the exhaust
borla and magnaflow both have very nice exhaust systems in single or dual exits. it just about how much sound you would like to get.
me i like what ever gives me the most power and the quietest in the cab. and what gives me the best gas mileage.
ur going to get a lot of info so good luck

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
You can always make yourself a TRUE CAI... tubing and run is down to the bumper... Depends on if you want power or sound for the exhaust. Lot of people love the Big Bully intake, great looks and decent priced. Hit up Glenn (Radglenn) with 3G Customs.
With the 2.7 I wasn't interested in trying to make power, not worth the trouble, so I went with a single 40 series Flowmaster and run me a couple pipes out the back. Sounds mean and aggressive but will drone ya hard at 80... Round town it turns heads...

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Magnaflow will be probably be the best performing exhaust system for your 3.5.....I'd go with that.

An air filter alone is not going to do much if anything performance wise. You want a gain in your 3.5? The best way to do that would be to get a "Predator" tuner/programmer by "Diablosport".

A change in tuning to go with a new exhaust system and air intake will help you out for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay the more I look and read about it im sold on the magnaflow for sure But there are so many intake systems and the few i have narrowed it down are kn its like a win win i found for a good price and its like a guaranteed boost in the engine. What is the scoop on the "Predator"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking to get some power and a little but of woo-ah did you just see that car lol so i think im gonna go magnaflow but any advice is good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For sure the Magnaflow is what i am going for with just the single exhaust but i still haven't made up my mind on the intake system

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
not trying to highjack your tread

how is the drone on the dual Magnaflow kit
i ask this because i keep looking at it and the only thing i do not want is drone on the highway. i just hate that

MagnaFlow 16936

1 - 8 of 8 Posts