Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 06 Dodge Magnum with 95K miles on it. 2 years ago I had to replace the EGR valve in it. Then last year my check engine light came on and it was the same thing. I had a shop replace it that time. Now less than a year later my check engine is on again and it's throwing the egr valve code.

I talked to the guy at the shop and they'll replace it the part no cost but I have to pay labor. I asked him about it and he said it's something that happens to Chryslers. My question is, is this something I'm going to have to deal with every year??

Thanks

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
If you have the 5.7 Hemi, You can just delete the EGR, it's not a mandatory part to keep your engine running. You may lose a tiny bit of MPG, but shouldn't be anything too noticeable. If you have a tuner you can get a free tune to turn off the EGR so it won't keep throwing codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you have the 5.7 Hemi, You can just delete the EGR, it's not a mandatory part to keep your engine running. You may lose a tiny bit of MPG, but shouldn't be anything too noticeable. If you have a tuner you can get a free tune to turn off the EGR so it won't keep throwing codes.
Mine is the 3.5 liter V6.

Will it damage my car if I don't get it fixed right away?

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
I don't believe so, it just recirculates some exhaust gases back into the intake to get a little better fuel economy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey you say can get free tunes to turn off the EGR?

Do you have more information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts