Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to really decide if it's worth waiting around to find a 2008 SRT Magnum. They are so rare I've only ever seen 1 where I'm from, the Toronto, Canada area, and from what I can tell there were only ever 25 sent to Canada period. I love the front end on the 08' so much more, but I was wondering what other differences were on the interior or any other part of the car. Were any or all of the 08's Tip Start? Xenon headlights? The door panels appear to be a bit different in the 08 as well. I noticed leather on the door, read about different cluster? Led lighting in the cup holder and pockets? is there anything else major? Because quite frankly the difference in price between a 06 and 08 seems to be about 10k around here and I'm just trying to figure out if it's really worth it. Oh I heard the rear part of the suspension set up was improved as well on the 08. Maybe someone could direct me to a link of pictures from a 08 interior and fill in any blanks. There's a 06 for sale right now with about 15k miles that I might try to see if I can get a loan for this week, just don't want to regret it when and if I see another 08 pop up

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
The diff in the front end, hood and interior is changed... I would do a google on 2008 dodge magnum, since the write ups for the 08 SRT are still on.....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There's a mint 07 Steele blue SRT8 Magnum for sale in Maryland for $25k on cars.com!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
Don, (MYSRT) has his blue 08 Magnum SRT for sale on here; IF he hasn't sold it already! I've been to his house and see this car and it's AWESOME!!! He lives in Charlotte, NC.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Don, (MYSRT) has his blue 08 Magnum SRT for sale on here; IF he hasn't sold it already! I've been to his house and see this car and it's AWESOME!!! He lives in Charlotte, NC.
yea, I think he got a buyer. not 100% though.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have an offer but it is still available. Going on Autotrader in the next few days.
Then DAM JUMP ON THIS VERY REAR BEAST!!!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
If there was ANY way I could Get Don's car...... It would be MINE!!! I love that car!!!

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
If youre willing to wait, I'd try to find an 08. Here are some pictures. Sorry, some will show my mods and wont always be directly available on the car.

08 Dash/Gauges/Center Stack (I added the Nav and the Ashtray/Heated Seat switch...)

08 Doors/Center Console/Dash (Center console is out of a 300c SRT. Difference: Chrome strips on the side..dodge uses brushed silver..and the smooth top carbon fiber surround. Again, dodge uses a textured plastic)

<<<Dodge silver strips shown here>>>

08 Door Panels (The leather on the arm rests is double stiched on the SRTs)

Front End with HID/Projectors

Good Comparision between 06 and 08 interior

Bezels Compared

06 Seats/Console

08 300c SRT Design seats/console (very close to the 08 Mag interior...I just didnt have a pic like this of my 08 to show the comparision)

08 Dash

Front Ends Compared

06 Side

08 Side

Front ends side by side

Cupholder lights..

And Finally, the only difference on the rear end. The spoiler. Dodge decided to use a textured plastic for the 2008 models. All trims will have this spoiler. The 05-07 use smooth plastic and on the 06-07 SRTs they color matched them to the body

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!!!

Thank you QuickSilver08. That's an awesome caparison, thanks for taking the time to do that. I guess it's really the front end and the door panels I love on the 08 so much more. I can live without the lap counter etc in the gauges of the 08. Hmmm...get a new hood for the 06 to give it that same aggressive 08 look and swap out the head lights for some projectors. That comparison really helped, I think I'll swing by the dealer on Friday and see how I feel :cool5:

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Do you know if any of the 08 interior is compatible with a 07 ? The door panels look like an easy swap.

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I'm tryin to figure out how to dress up the interior without breakin the bank. I've done a few things in my 07, it just seems so stock when compared to the rest of the car. Thanks for the feedback on door panels. That's one less thing for me to obsess over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts