Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 R/T with 90,000 miles. Trying to add HP. Thinking a K&N cold air intake and Super 44 Flow Master exhaust system. Any other some what cheap ideas?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Well, Let me start by telling you that power doesn't come cheap! Getting more air in and getting that air out efficiently is a good start but it comes at a price. You see these cars being computer controlled need to have the tuning altered to realize any real permanent gains. Fortunately, tuning is available via Diablosport handheld programers. https://www.diablosport.com/

If all you want to do is what you mentioned then you may see some benefit but not as much. Better sound for sure though.

There are 3 programmers available for the Hemi......... The "Predator", "Intune" and the more feature rich "Trinity". The "Predator" is a discontinued programmer that can sometimes still be found used for less money.

With the Diablosport tunes, a cold air intake and exhaust you can expect to gain 20+ rwhp and 20+ rwtq.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fireman has spoken, so shall it be. :)
Not sure what your HP goal is but keep in mind you already have 90,000 on that motor. I would not want to start throwing too much money at it trying to make big power gains.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree hollywood448. That being said, I am not going to be getting rid of the magnum anytime soon. So what are we talking about to get the motor rebuilt with a little bit of umph to it? Sorry, I am new at this. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Me personally don't mind putting in time and $$ into my mag, I don't think I will ever get rid of it. When things go that is the time to upgrade!
I would start with, CAI, TUNER, EXHAUST, THERE are some small things you can do look up the ultimate how to, if I remeber there is a list of free or low cast mods. You can remove the air silencer, and flip the radiator baffle to direct more air in.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
As long as you aren't burning oil and the motor is solid, 90K miles isn't too much to work with. I have 110K on my '05 5.7 and I'm pushing almost 500hp without any problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
As long as one stays n/a or replaces some internals before adding nitrous or supercharger/turbo I would agree. IMO, one would be running a risk of damaging the motor by throwing boost or nitrus at it without checking/upgrading some internals first. Doing the basic upgrades will wake it up some. Add the transformer and enjoy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My God has it been a year?I guess that's what a 3rd kid will do to you. Thanks for the advice. I ended up putting the K&N cold air intake. Held off on the Flowmaster 44's...until now. I do have a question though. I bought the 44's only cause I was thinking, the American Thunder exhaust kit can't be that hard to match at a local exhaust shop, can it? Am I wrong to think this or is that kit that much better than what a shop can do? Either way the 2 Super 44's are going in. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
find money for the Diablowsport intune, big difference

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
procompmagnum....wish, just a little pricey. I'm thinking about going with adding the Super 44s and getting some Blastin' Bobs Fat Pipes to go with them. Looking for some good rumble and possibly a bit more horsepower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts