Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a '06 R/T AWD and want to put it on 22" wheels before I even drive it. However I am not sure if I need spacers or any type of modifications to fit them properly.

Question: Has anyone had any issues with 22" wheels or can give me advice if you feel I need it?

Attachments

·
Blood Runs Orange!
1,658 Posts
um idk about the all wheel drive thing but those are some SICK wheels you are looking at

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
It looks like that rim comes in a 9" width for the 22" diameter. I can't seam to find anything about the offset so you might want to look into that. If the offset is +15 to +18 that rim should fit perfectly fine with a 265/35/22 tire.

·
Rollin in the Mag
5,350 Posts
^^^^ He said its an AWD, offset is way different, its like in the 30's or 40's. Those are cool lookin rims though, someone will chime in that has an AWD.

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Whoa thanks for pointing that out I completely skipped over that!

yeah what I mentioned was for the RWD. . . AWD is completely different and not something I know much about.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would hit the AWD section at LXF. There's a couple really knowledgeable guys who hang around it. I'm currently looking at 20's. You just need to find a site (bigwheels.net is where I'm looking) that lets you select "awd" as a vehicle option. Otherwise the wheels probably won't fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone who has commented so far. I have written the wheel manufacturer with my question and waiting for their response. I also found out that I need 34 to 42 inch offset for the AWD question. I will keep everyone informed of what answer I receive and then eventually get a pick up here when I get them mounted. Oh yeah I have to get back home from Afghanistan first!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
i got an r/t awd with 22s fusion mak but i have no clue about the offset man,coz car had em on when i bought it,so post up what u gonna find out .oh yeah i dont have any rubbing problems or anything 265/35/22 tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K... Thanks to everyone again. I contacted the company that makes those wheels(statuswheels.com) directly and they told me they would fit with no alterations necessary. They can also custom paint them too for me if I wanted! (Hhmmm) Well I again will post pics on this thread when I get back to the states in late November. That's a promise. Take car all and drive safe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got em on!

Again thanks to everyone for all the advice. I finally have them mounted and the look great. They stick out of the front wheel wells about 3/4 of an inch but I think that it makes it look a little bit more aggressive. The pics really don't do the wheels any justice. Oh... and no tire rub.

Attachments

·
SpaceCity LX
662 Posts
Is that the same wheel on the car that you have posted in the OP cause if it is that will just got knocked off my list...I was loving it up until post 11, even looked it up to see sizes

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are not the exact rims from the original post. The rims from the original post are Status wheels. These are Gianna Blitz. I agree with PhatPhat they are the wrong offset. But I think that it gives it a more aggressive look. Some like the clean, show car look, but i like this. I don't plan on lowering it so I think I will be fine.

I have another question though. Does anyone know how to turn the air pressure notification off? Sick of the beeping.

Anyone know a good place to get a front splitter?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts