Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 RT with 22's and one hell of a vibration from 66 to 74 mph. Anyone know why? I have had the tie rod ends replaced, spacers installed, three sets of 22's and alignments done. No help. Tough one, I know.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Make sure the wheels are balanced properly and professionally. Are you sure that these wheels are the 5x115 bolt pattern? I've seen business' selling them in the 5x114.3 bolt pattern which may work, but may lead to vibration.

In some cases, with the wrong bolt pattern, it is nearly impossible to get the wheels balanced because they're never quite centered correctly on the hub.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i would of guessed balance of the rims would be the problem but if you have had 3 sets of rims and they all do the same thing that very odd. it has to be a part that is turning like a rotor or tire.

did you get all of your 3 sets of rims from the same place? they could be doing something wrong

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just had severe vibration and found that the wheel bearing went out. I spoke with several mechanics and they are telling me that the bearings are not grease packed properly from the factory.

Just a thought.

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the wheels come with hub centric rings? They center the wheel to the hub. Also, you need the correct lug nuts and a Road Force wheel balance, and the reason for this to true the tire to the wheel and to check run out.

Any questions? I run a Goodyear store.

--tyresalezzz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts