Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have a question regarding tire sizes. Looks like I am getting a staggered setup on 20x9 and 20x10 rims. Tirerack suggests 245/45R20 for the 9" wide rim and 255/45R20 for the 10" wide rim.

Now the 255/45R20 is about $50 cheaper from tirerack and I was wondering what effect (if any) putting the 255/45R20 on all rims would have? Googling the tires sizes I see that people do put 255/45R20 on 9" rims, but with a staggered setup will I see my front end slightly/marginally higher?

1010tire sizing shown below:
View attachment 18381

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Rollin in the Mag
5,350 Posts
Most people go 265 on a 9" rim, my wheels are bein delivered today, the Option 5 wheels staggered, fronts are 9" and the rears are 10.5", my tires were delivered yesterday, I went with 265/35ZR22 for the fronts and 295/30ZR22 for the rears, Im so dam excited !!!!!!!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
I have 245x45x20 on front and 255x45x20 on my Challenger SRT rims I put on my magnum and they ride GREAT! Sounds about right to me!!! With a 10" rear rim you could go up in size if you wanted 275x45x20.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure where my post went. The dealer made a $250 mistake on rims, didn't quote new tpms, and must have figured I wanted gold plated rubber because his price now outta my current range. So I am still on the hunt, but the info is good to have.

Thanks guys

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
Not sure where my post went. The dealer made a $250 mistake on rims, didn't quote new tpms, and must have figured I wanted gold plated rubber because his price now outta my current range. So I am still on the hunt, but the info is good to have.

Thanks guys
*** Word of Caution, if you did NOT know! ***

Be careful on which TPMs you get... I bought two used sets of rims; a set off a 2009 Challenger SRT DUB BOMBER wheels with TPMs and a set of new car takeoffs from a 2010 Challenger SRT8 with TPMs, however BOTH have different frequencys than that of my 06 Mag and 05 Mag so it keeps giving and error message on EVIC that tires/TPMs need checking! Hope this is HELPFUL information! It doesn't hurt anything so I haven't worried about it and don't want to spend $200 each for EACH set of wheels.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*** Word of Caution, if you did NOT know! ***

Be careful on which TPMs you get... I bought two used sets of rims; a set off a 2009 Challenger SRT DUB BOMBER wheels with TPMs and a set of new car takeoffs from a 2010 Challenger SRT8 with TPMs, however BOTH have different frequencys than that of my 06 Mag and 05 Mag so it keeps giving and error message on EVIC that tires/TPMs need checking! Hope this is HELPFUL information! It doesn't hurt anything so I haven't worried about it and don't want to spend $200 each for EACH set of wheels.
Thanks for the info. I have read that the magnum will not permit you to disable traction control if you are missing the TPMS. Not sure if that is true, but would hate to find out at the time a I needed to disable it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so dealer and I have come to an agreement. Looks like the rims will be ordered. Will update with pics when they are mounted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts