Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a 2011-up front end onto my 2005 Dodge Magnum. I'm open for any advice, tips, or anything worthwhile that could help with my endeavor. Also please post pics of any Magnums already with a different front end.:cool30:
Thank You

·
Registered
13 Posts
2008 was the last year for the Magnum. Are you wanting to put a 300 front end on ? Anything can be one to a car, just depends on your skills, time, money. If you want to know how it would look, find pictures of the European version of the Magnum, it used 300 front and rear plastic fascias.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saw a car that was done over 10 years ago. The cost would depend on what you pay for your parts. You can buy plenty of 300 parts from the recycling yards for cheap.. So who knows what it will cost until it is done. There is no "kit" that you can order. Just have to research what is interchange able between models. The platform is the same. You have seen the pictures of the European version so you know what it will look like.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is another thread on this board that I saw a few days ago that I can't find now. A guy bought a used Magnum with minor front end damage. Minor because it consisted of damage to front fascia, both front fenders, and the hood, but now frame damage.

He stripped the damaged parts off the front end and installed new front fascia, hood, fenders, lights, and whatever else he found damaged. He painted the car a flat black, and his total cost was less than $1,000.00 if I remember correctly.

Look for a Magnum with minor front end damage. Check it over to make sure that there is no frame damage. I don't know if this platform has a bolt on subframe in the front like the G.M. Camaros, Firebirds, & Novas had. If they do then look for one without any firewall damage.

If you get a damaged car for the right price then look for undamaged body parts from a 300 in a diy wrecking yard and you should be able to find most pieces
fairly inexpensively.

If you buy a Magnum in mint condition and then go to your local dealer and buy brand new crash parts, you'll pay big $$$

·
Registered
13 Posts
Only the engine cradle is removable in the front. A 300 parts car would be the best option. It will be assembled so you can compare the mounting points side by side and it will have any fasteners that may be different between the two cars. You can then sell what ever is left after the conversion and recoup part/all that you paid for the parts car.
Good luck.
Leo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts