Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY GUY I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH A GUY THAT SELLING ME FROM 06 CHARGER THE FOLLOWING (5.7 HEMI ENGINE-TRANSMISSION-ECU-WIRE HARNESS-) FOR $400 FOR EVERYTHING MAYBE SEE WHAT ELSE IT HAS, SO MY QUESTION IS WILL THIS HEMI MOTOR FROM THE 06 CHARGER RT FIT MY 05 MAGNUM SE ??????????? PLEASE ANSWER ASAP B4 2MORROW................:comp26:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Yep. Contact NYInstaller and I'm sure he'll help out.

Rich

ETA: For $400, what's wrong with the motor and/or tranny?

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,571 Posts
OMG.... What a heck of a deal for $400!!! Better grab that BEFORE he changes his mind!

·
Swaggin' Wagon
1,196 Posts
lucky!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Yep it will, and you really should get it. I've been looking around, and the best I've found so far is about $1500 US.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, nothing is wrong with tranny or motor he just wants it off his $40,000 marble driveway!!!!!!! Hey guys the funy thing is that its coming out of 06 charger rt new york states trooper car ,hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & mutha fn haaaaaaaaa.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
That's awesome. NYInstaller is the guy to do the swap. If it were me, I'd get with him and see if there's a shop in say Maryland that y'all could use (jayalbertcars might be able to help you out with this) to do the swap.

Before it gets asked how it'll get down there, I see a Uhaul truck (smallest one) with the engine in the back and your Mag in tow. Sell your motor to a salvage yard/donate it to a school (and get the tax deduction) wherever you do the swap (call to see if there's interest in advance) and drive your new ride home.

Rich

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
I wish I could get one for that too! Then I'd have a motor/trans. for my 1968 impala (yes, a hemi in a chevy....but we've put a 350CID chev in a '84 Merc. Cougar before so why not ;)....and I know someone with a 572CID chev in a 'Cuda)

·
Programming and wiring GURU
1,273 Posts
yes the engine will fit,. you will have to add a bunch of wires to the engine harness, you will need a transmision computer and trans wire harness. you dont need the entire harness for the car or dash. the trans harness all 12 wire connect the the tcm. so there is no need to swop out the entire harness. and if you can get the wire harnesses that plug in to the tcm or trans computer it will make life a lot easier. however it will not be that bad without it I have done it already,. however i am trying to get this software desperately it will allow me to enable the shifting features so you car will be told what it can now do. instead of the old configuration.

but as far as parts. you will need a drive shaft. a transmission mount. a better exhaust. I recomend upgrading the rear end but at first it will not be required., actually your drive shaft might work until you upgrade the rear end. you will just ned to swop the mounting points from the 4 speed trans its one nut so its easy.,

also you will definitely wanna upgrade the radiator and fan setup unless you are getting that with the donor car. but its not that hard and as i have already i am available on the weekends i can be flown out to you to assist.

·
1,273 Posts
since you have the donor car id say if you have the tools WE can make it in one weekend start friday night finish sunday programmed and drive me to the airport sunday night !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your attention in this matter but how much would your time cost me, i would have the parts out waiting depending of price and if the price is right i would love to do it after i get my tax return and move into a bigger place for my family, you can email me at ( [email protected] ) jose or call me anytime (631)236-2726, again thank you.

·
1,273 Posts
well since your in suffolk county my born in state i will do it for a simple ticket to and from and like 250. id love for a chance to visit my family. maybe even less than 250.

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
well since your in suffolk county my born in state i will do it for a simple ticket to and from and like 250. id love for a chance to visit my family. maybe even less than 250.
Beans

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Ditto.

Rich

·
1,273 Posts
after being contacted again in this matter it sounds like i am going to help another individuals dream or fantasy come true. time frame looks like march.

lets just hope for his sake i get the cda software by then so he will be able to use the manual shifting features. and maybe some other bells and whissles the 5.7 combo has. i dunno well see. regardless if all the parts are in good shape, there is help available. then this should be standard and he will be good to go.

·
"CREEPLIFE...SOOOWOOO"
3,722 Posts
after being contacted again in this matter it sounds like i am going to help another individuals dream or fantasy come true. Time frame looks like march.

Lets just hope for his sake i get the cda software by then so he will be able to use the manual shifting features. And maybe some other bells and whissles the 5.7 combo has. I dunno well see. Regardless if all the parts are in good shape, there is help available. Then this should be standard and he will be good to go.
i would come down as well and help this should be fun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts