Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our good friend Bryan (No, not on this fourm ~ had a camaro and we went to shows together) and he traded his camaro for a new Jeep Rubicon and came over Saturday and invited Tee and I to go to the Uwharrie National Forrest and go mountain & rock climbing in his jeep. What an adventure this was. I was amazed how the jeep could climb up those steep grades going over all those huge rocks.

I can't even explain what this was like ~ it was an experience that Tee and I will NEVER FORGET. Yup.... forgot our camera! However Bryan did take a couple pictures with his phone for us.

The scaryiest and coolest part was coming straight down the mountain over all the rocks etc.

Just a couple pictures where we stopped by "Kodiak Rock" to get a couple of shots.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So what's the over/under on the number of Jeeps you guys will acquire? Six, to keep pace with the Magnum collection?

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
Careful, that's an addicting hobby. More money and time consuming than Magnums though there is a LOT less detailing.... I need to not look at these pictures as I'm getting the itch again...

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Rubicon's rock!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks guys; it made me laugh to think about this: I'm originally from Upstate New York; never owned a 4x4 in my life and what is one of the first vehicles I bought in North Carolina ~ A GEO TRACKER 4X4 ~LOL~

When we first got there and he took us over the easier trails it really seemed cool..... THEN... we went on the hardest course they had and WHAT A SHOCK that was. I told Bryan he was INSANE; especially driving he brand new jeep with 4000 miles up and down it. He laughed and said this was his SEVENTH trip there!

ONLY THREE VEHICLES tried this hardest trail all day!!!

LOL ~ I did look on Craigs list for Jeeps today... HaHa

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
Damn jim. You guys are killing it!! I cant wait to meet up woth you two again. Im having old school cm family withdrawls lol

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn jim. You guys are killing it!! I cant wait to meet up woth you two again. Im having old school cm family withdrawls lol
Man ~ So are Tee and I!!! Did you make Gatty??? We just couldn't!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I had an 85 Suburban that I used to do some rock climbing in when I lived in Alaska. That thing was a beast!! That is a fun and expensive hobby. If you do it right you'll be breaking something once a month (at least).

·
Registered
809 Posts
Fun Times! Enjoy!

Thanks for putting some pictures up!

·
Registered
70 Posts
awesome, brings back memory's of my friend taking me over some crazy trails in his '89 Cherokee, he had a 4 1/2 in lift on that thing!

Jeeps are great, I always get the itch to buy one. but I am a car guy...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts