Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this posted on other XSLR sites, with suggestions, but no working answer - maybe somone here can help me out. '05 R/T 69k mi original owner. ABS/ESP/BAS lights have been on for several weeks. This is accompanied by intermittent cruise control & fuel gauge and (probably not related) FM radio is sounding like the antenna has a break or disconnect somewhere - faint signal/loud static.

I've checked all fuses for blow-outs, done a bunch of key dances (no codes appeared), gas gauge worked with gauge test. I understand the cruise is probably related to the ABS (for safety). I have not done the PCM or adaptive reset. In case it's a stored error code, should I? Someone also suggested removing negative battery cable (if recommended, would that be both batteries?) for 30 seconds. What Negatives/positives for these?

As you can probably tell, I'm not a mechanic - sure do love this car though - even after almost 6 years.

Ideas welcome. Fixes REALLY appreciated (unless requiring trip to dealer, cause I'm broke, and they'll want to just start replacing computers).

Thanks all - and damngladtameetcha. Happy Thanksgiving!

cpmgrp
2T VN Vet '68-'70

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just week ago ago I had similar/same problem on my 08 sxt. BAS/ESP lights on, wipers, mirrors nor turn signal wouldn't work. Problem was fuse. I checked my fuses first time, saw no blown fuses, tried to think of anything else, asked for any help on this site, few guys responded (thx fellas) with the same answer, must be fuse, and it makes sense, more than few things/controls will not work at the same time, must be fuse. I checked my fuses again, there it was, fuse #30 red 10A fuse. replaced it, bamm, back to normal. My advise check your fuses again, if no, don't know what to suggest. Good luck bro. P.S keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
You may have a bad wheel sensor or bad wheel sensor connection.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
First: Welcome from a FOUR MAGNUM family in North Carolina.

Second: Sorry to hear about your problems and hope it is NOTHING more than a FUSE!

AND.... this brought some TERRIBLE memories for me; You see we bought a used car from a private party and had all kinds of lights come on after a couple months of ownership. Some times it would start and other times nothing. After finally giving in and taking it to a dealer, OURS was a Louisanna Flood CAR!!! In the course of a year we took this to several places and NO ONE could get it running right..... finally about to give up, bought the wife another car ~ this time an 05 R/T ~ Three days later our LAST recourse, a dealer techincian figured out what all was wrong and it's NOW running GREAT ~ ONE of the reasons we ended up with FOUR MAGNUMS!

Best of luck on getting your's repaired!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts