Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, my car is stuck in first gear while driving, goes into park and reverse as normal, i also cant shift manuelly threw tip tronic, when i fist put in drive from park it hits into gear hard, then car doesnt shift, as i said the ABS light, ESP light< Check engine light is on. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,860 Posts
Sounds like you're in limp mode. Start the car and turn the wheels all the way left and then all the way right. This should re calibrate the ABS/ESP system. See if that helps. You may also want to try disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds or so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey fellas, my car is stuck in first gear while driving, goes into park and reverse as normal, i also cant shift manuelly threw tip tronic, when i fist put in drive from park it hits into gear hard, then car doesnt shift, as i said the ABS light, ESP light< Check engine light is on. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
That happened with my Chrysler Sebring....was a speed sensor (I think thats what it was called) on the transmission (theres an input and output sensor).

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
You weren't messing around in the rear fuse box were you???

I bumped a fuse or diode loose and had the same problem you are having, make sure all the fuses are seated in the rear fuse box.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts