Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can answer this question please help....

I have a 2008 magnum SE & I've installed an aftermarket nav/radio (Avic Z140BH) and I'm looking to add steering wheel controls. If I buy the steering wheel controls along with a PAC Audio RP4-CH11 will the steering wheel controls work?

Or would I be required to visit a dealer to activate something?

·
Registered
515 Posts
First off,good choice on the avic,I run that unit myself.If your wanting to add the switches to the steering wheel you'll need a few pieces and reprogramming done,not really worth the trouble if you only want them just for radio controls.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off,good choice on the avic,I run that unit myself.If your wanting to add the switches to the steering wheel you'll need a few pieces and reprogramming done,not really worth the trouble if you only want them just for radio controls.
Please tell me what I would have to do.

I already purchased the switches and a new grant steering wheel.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Please tell me what I would have to do.

I already purchased the switches and a new grant steering wheel.
I had to change out the gauge cluster,add switches and the harness for the switches,then I sent my ecu and pcm down to Jon for some programming.So your not using the stock wheel?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to change out the gauge cluster,add switches and the harness for the switches,then I sent my ecu and pcm down to Jon for some programming.So your not using the stock wheel?
Right now I'm still using my stock steering wheel, but I was planing on installing the switches into the new steering wheel. I also was under the impression that the harness for the switches was there already. I saw in my build sheet that I have RESS Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3 sales code but I'm not sure if the switches are set to work.

Will the stealership program and install the switches + Pac Audio RP4-CH11 even though I have an aftermarket radio?

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you unbolt the airbag you'll be able to tell if you got the right harness in there or not,it will have 2 extra pigtails laying in there.some dealers can activate the switches through sales codes but most cannot.installing the switches is easy,if you unbolt the airbag to check the harness just pop out the blanks and pop in the switches.I'd run by an audio shop to program your interface,dealer won't help you there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@TeamOSC
Thanks for all your help. I think I might have to just get robbed by the stealership, but they will have to work for my $139. I will have them install my new steering wheel at the same time they are programming the switches since no matter what I still have to pay for 1hr of labor. I wish pep boys could do it....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys For All Your Help. It Seemed Like It Was Going To Be Impossible, But I Got It Working Even With My Aftermarket Radio.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was going to take the easy route by disassembling my Pioneer radio remote and integrating the controls off the remote to the steering wheel controls. All I really use is the Volume and Track buttons anyway. Some here has done it here but I can't find the post anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts