Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what wiring harness I need to install a Kenwood KDC-MP345u aftermarket radio in my 08 magnum. Does anyone know what harness I need? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Hmmm, I think any universal wiring harness could be used, but I could be very wrong. Chances are your local auto store will be able to easily help you out and the harness will probably run you any where from 5-20 dollars

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 4 speaker system. And the crutchfield harness says it retains steering wheel controls, and since I dont have steering wheel controls I shouldnt need that expensive of one right? Also I was wondering what the little box was on that harness?

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
No, you wouldnt need one thats that expensive. The basics of our systems (I believe): Lets start from your speakers. Your speakers run their wires to the car's factory amplifier, which is located behind the knee guard on the drivers side. The amplifier runs its wires up to where the radio goes. It ends in the little white "box" that you pull away (unclip) from the factory stereo that you're replacing with the Kenwood aftermarket stereo. Since you're going with the wiring harness, instead of plugging the car's box into the stereo, you'll need to plug the car's box into the harness's box and then connect the harness's wires to the wires that will lead into the kenwood stereo. Makin sense?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts