Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Half of it at least. I installed all of the compressors, tank, valves and wiring. Next weekend we will be putting in the bags and thats it. Had a bunch of leaks, but got them all fixed. Attached is a sneak peak of the compressor and tank install. I will be doing a full tech article, but am too tired now.

The sheetmetal is so thin on the magnums. I used self tapping screws and they went through the metal like butter.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cant wait for your full write up and driving analysis.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
steve said:
The sheetmetal is so thin on the magnums
yeah that thing will dent in a split sec.
when i got through the blower at the car wash it sounds like the whole roof is going to cave in

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SoCalRT said:
Your gonna need more Dynamat than that to muffle the comperssors. Looks good.
Its quiet enough for me right now. I am used to my compressors being under the bed of my truck, so they are a little louder than what i am used to. Unfortunatly, I didn't want to spend $150 on dynamat right now.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
I just picked up the Extreme Dynamat bulk pack (9 sheets) for $99 vs. the list price of $249 and did the back of my car.
Man that stuff is sticky...

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the rear done tonight. Tommorow is the front after a 9am dentist appt. At least if I slip with the wrench and hit my face, I won't feel it from all the novacaine.:fing02: Crappy pics attached. Will take some better ones once I am done and wash her. You can also see in the pic my tinted tails I did earlier this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Steve, and Brett- On my black Magnum I dynamated the whole car. When I say the whole car, it was the whole thing. I can say that if you do the roof, it will help the car out a lot. If you hit the top of your car with your fist now, it makes a loud ding sound, after the roof is done, the roof is very dead. (don't hit it to hard lol) I can not say how quiet the car is now. Can I still hear my exhaust-yes, but not as bad. When I get back to Virginia, I am going to take some pictures and see if I can get them posted.
Steve your car looks good. If you notice your tint to start to peel on your tail lights, you can paint them, and they look great...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very Nice , i was ready to get mine bagged but read alot of posts about cold weather and got scared . What was total costs Steve ? The kit is all you needed or you had to buy additional stuff ? My Mag is AWD tobad i cant get that low that looks sooo good.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sleeprr said:
Steve, and Brett- On my black Magnum I dynamated the whole car. When I say the whole car, it was the whole thing. I can say that if you do the roof, it will help the car out a lot. If you hit the top of your car with your fist now, it makes a loud ding sound, after the roof is done, the roof is very dead. (don't hit it to hard lol) I can not say how quiet the car is now. Can I still hear my exhaust-yes, but not as bad. When I get back to Virginia, I am going to take some pictures and see if I can get them posted.
Steve your car looks good. If you notice your tint to start to peel on your tail lights, you can paint them, and they look great...
Thanks. The taillights are actually painted with VHT Nightshade tailight tint and have about 3 coats of clear on them.

Very Nice , i was ready to get mine bagged but read alot of posts about cold weather and got scared . What was total costs Steve ? The kit is all you needed or you had to buy additional stuff ? My Mag is AWD tobad i cant get that low that looks sooo good.
The kit didn't come with everything I needed. I had to buy a few more fittings. I am still awaiting the Dakota Digital guages, should be here this week. I had to buy all of the wires, fuse, electrical connectors, a couple of sockets and tools I didn't have in my toolbox, fiberglass and bondo and paint for the radio bezel(since I put my switches there). All together I probably spent around $3000 or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Foglight hids very hot!

Hey im new here but I see you have hids in your foglights I just put 5000k in my 05 magnum I ran them for about 15 mins and they seem to get very hot when i felt the lens any problems thanks for the help.

·
loven the super charged life
14,654 Posts
Hey im new here but I see you have hids in your foglights I just put 5000k in my 05 magnum I ran them for about 15 mins and they seem to get very hot when i felt the lens any problems thanks for the help.
hello and welcome from aberdeen maryland this is an old thread you may want to start you own thread in the intro area and ask your question there i have a set of blazer fog / cruise lights they do seem to get hot they are not hids

·
They call me Destroyer
11,579 Posts
i hadnt even seen this "old thread" yet! nice job steve!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts