Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older dual channel 1200 watt Sony Xplod amp. I have it hooked up to 2 12-inch Pioneer subs. I want to tweek the amp settings to get a bit more solid bass but I'm not sure which option on my amp will help me do that. I have the following options:

Level
Low Boost
Filter

Can someone please explain what each of these options does and/or which one I can tweek to get a bit more solid bass without messing with the overall sound which is near-perfect.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Level is the gain setting on the amp (this is not a volume knob, this is used to match the amps inputs to the radio's outputs)

low boost is bassboost, I suggest leaving it at 0

Filter is the freq you are choosing to send to the sub woofers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Level is the gain setting on the amp (this is not a volume knob, this is used to match the amps inputs to the radio's outputs)

low boost is bassboost, I suggest leaving it at 0

Filter is the freq you are choosing to send to the sub woofers
Thanks for the info, You're the Man! It sounds really good so I didn't wanna go and mess around with the settings without knowing what I was doing. lol Since I still have a the stock radio (for now) adjusting the bass from there doesn't help much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.