Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys feel about it? i had never heard about it, my friend invited me to a meeting and keep in mind i turn 19 in a month, so obviously people take my generation for a fool and naive which if you met any of the people there wouldnt be such a hard assumption to make. Anyway, the ENTIRE seminar is about how much money you could make and how fast you could make it and how you can retire by like 25 or some retarded crap like that. And im laughing my ass off watching my friends buy into this thinking they will make anywhere near what they claim they will.

Anyway, all that being said, it is the most obvious pyramid scheme i have ever seen but at the same time, i do like some of their products and figured wtf im not going to miss the money to sign up (for my age with no bills working a REAL office job i make enough to get by, hell the Mag diddnt park itself in my driveway).

Just wondering is this worth me putting any effort into selling the products at all? i just did it for the discounts and the products but they sell like DELL computers 20%, barnes n noble 20%, off and i just bought a phone yesterday for 150 (upgrade) that i saw on their site for 50 (pissed me off lol and yes i know its with the contract) so i mean they sell stuff relatively cheap and being a IBO retailer or whatever they call it i get it even cheaper than what other people see it for. So is it really worth even trying to market this stuff or just use it for the discounts? Most of their products are pretty good, im just not a good salesman lol

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I would say it is completely up to your plans. If you see yourself buyinng enough products that you would save more than whatever the fee is to join this group then yes it is worth it. If you are just going to make a one time purchase and save maybe 20 bucks but the subscription is 40, then whats the point. Get my drift?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh id never quit my 9 -5 lol n yea i do, through the year yea id definitely save my money back, its basically an online costco

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Go to school and get an education.

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
I am not familiar with Amway but if it's a pyramid scheme whouldn't you be selling liscences instead of product? That's usually where the money is.

It's really up to you to decide if it's worth it to sell product. You need to determine how and where you will sell the items and to who. Based on that you can estimate how much you think you can sell and what kind of profit you think you can make.

I personally would never get involved in a pyramid scheme because a) selling the (expensive) liscences to sell (shitty) product is unethical b) the product is so cheap (quality) and profit margin so low that it's not worth the time to sell and c) isn't it illegal? (ie. fraud). Of course each one is different but the principles are generally the same.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a pyramid scheme but its not, the concept of how you make money is absolutely pyramid, which in my opinioin is why they target young stupid teens who believe they will get rich doing this, and they do sell the licenses, its 168 to get in but their products arent cheap in the sense that they are crappy they are actually pretty decent, I've been using some of them for years and i never knew it was them until i actually joined. It seems the same as a pyramid but with the possibility of climbing to the top, problem being, its just a shot next to impossible to get enough of a base to start climbing.

I am not familiar with Amway but if it's a pyramid scheme whouldn't you be selling liscences instead of product? That's usually where the money is.

It's really up to you to decide if it's worth it to sell product. You need to determine how and where you will sell the items and to who. Based on that you can estimate how much you think you can sell and what kind of profit you think you can make.

I personally would never get involved in a pyramid scheme because a) selling the (expensive) liscences to sell (shitty) product is unethical b) the product is so cheap (quality) and profit margin so low that it's not worth the time to sell and c) isn't it illegal? (ie. fraud). Of course each one is different but the principles are generally the same.

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
As people mentioned above, a 9-5 job and an education are the way to go for a future, which you seam to have under control, but I understand the desire for extra income. It sounds to me like a lot of work for little gain but it's really your decision if you think you can profit enough to pursue it.

·
SpaceCity LX
662 Posts
Technically it is not a pyramid scheme since they are selling a product. Even though it is set up like one. If there was no product then there is your scheme...which would be illegal.

As for your question...like has been stated. If you are goin to actively use it to offset the cost then by all means do you thing. But if using it for a few discounts then wouldn't waste time.

Tapatalk sent me

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know some people who joined and two completely different experiences. The first one was all gung ho. He started right out of high school and worked very hard at it. he never did get the 100 people to sign up under him, so he never made much. He was very bitter and dissappointed.

The others joined later in life and much more realistic goals. Basically it was a second souce of income so that the wife could stay home and look after the kids. They don't make the millions that others think they will, but they do well enough and they are happy with it.

I went to a seminar once or twice, but never signed on because I knew that it was very hard to get to the level of the people that come and speak to the large groups. Instead, I changed my career and now make 3 times what I did before as a mechanic, and I only work 9-5.

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Multi-Level Marketing = legal pyramid scheme. Don't waste your time.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If you're a natural salesman, great at marketing, and know a ton of people who will listen to your ideas, then you might be one of the few who are successful in it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hell sign me up for whatever u switched to lol
I know some people who joined and two completely different experiences. The first one was all gung ho. He started right out of high school and worked very hard at it. he never did get the 100 people to sign up under him, so he never made much. He was very bitter and dissappointed.

The others joined later in life and much more realistic goals. Basically it was a second souce of income so that the wife could stay home and look after the kids. They don't make the millions that others think they will, but they do well enough and they are happy with it.

I went to a seminar once or twice, but never signed on because I knew that it was very hard to get to the level of the people that come and speak to the large groups. Instead, I changed my career and now make 3 times what I did before as a mechanic, and I only work 9-5.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Tune99,
I was just about your age working for minimum wage when I was approched about selling Amway and I was trying to find a way to make more money to support my family and it hasn't changed since the 70s. The ONLY way you'll make ANY money is IF you know enough people, and you are good at having in HOME PARTIES to sign up MORE people UNDER you to sell more products. YOU don't make ANY money until the people UNDER you make it, so until you have like 20 people working for you, who have 20 people working for them, that have 20 people working for them, you'll just be saving money on the items YOU buy..... The product is top notch, and it DOES sell itself IF and I say IF you can get enough people to buy into the scheme you'll be wasting your time.....OR you could try and sell AVON products.... ANYONE remember AVON CALLING!!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I did it for a while in college, made enough by saving on products to offset the cost and have a beer or two on dollar beer nights. That being said I know people who have put their families through college on amway.... Most of them were working in the plant in ada Michigan or truck driving for them lol... And I know a few who got in at the ground floor many many moons ago, yes they make bank, one of them actually bought a box manufacturer then got amway to sign an exclusive deal with his company, all off the money he made out of amway, he then sold the company to amway when he "retired" yes he is a millionaire.... In MI it's hard to do because of saturation, especially west Michigan , so I just really use it for discount product, in ky I was supplementing income, nothing to brag about, but enough to help.... The key is you have to talk to everyone you meet. And I do mean every person. If 50% know about amway they are either in it or do not want to. Out of the other 50% maybe 5% are truly interested in joining. Out of that maybe half a percent will join.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
GNR=Gun it N run it!
1,405 Posts
I sell advocare on the side. It's kinda a mlm, but I do get steady checks and the products are phenominal. I am in no way rich but and extra 50.00 per month ain't bad. Its all about what you're selling. I did this because I use the product and lost some lbs on it. I'm not in for the money, just that its a respectable brand, healthy product, and a pretty cool company. Just my .02

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 22 Posts