Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to have my Eibach springs put on today, but the guy asked me if I was planning on putting new struts on, too. He said that with the shorter springs I would need a different strut or it wouldn't line up right. Any truth to that?

·
Premium Member
10,449 Posts
I had the Prokit installed on my RT and did not have to change out the struts. I have probably put at least 20k on my car since that and it hasn't been a problem.
Neither the shop that did the install or the shop that did the alignment said anything regarding struts.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
I've had my Pro-kit on for over 50,000 miles and everything lines up fine. The stock strut would be in a semi compressed state at all times, but everything would still line up.

I'm not aware of any struts that are only for lowered cars and if so, does it fit both the Dodge spring that drop it 1" and also work on the Sport-line springs that drop it over 2".

I do know that the struts will not last as long with the lowered springs, mine are done and will be switching to KW V2's this weekend (if they show up).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good, i appreciate all of the info. I'll just have the springs slapped on tomorrow and then 50,000 miles down the road, I'll replace the struts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts