Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm interested in putting a catback into my magnum RT but with all the talk about drone I'm a bit hesistant, corsa doesn't have drone supposedly but is super pricey. Does anyone in Calgary have a magnaflow or other lower-cost catback and would be willing to meet up so I could see what it's like, or would be willing to do an in-car video for me? I've tried searching youtube but it's not much use lol.

Thanks!

·
Wheelman
475 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm interested in putting a catback into my magnum RT but with all the talk about drone I'm a bit hesistant, corsa doesn't have drone supposedly but is super pricey. Does anyone in Calgary have a magnaflow or other lower-cost catback and would be willing to meet up so I could see what it's like, or would be willing to do an in-car video for me? I've tried searching youtube but it's not much use lol.

Thanks!

Yeah I was having the same troubles, apparently the Borla system doesn't drone either, from what I've read and it is a bit cheaper than the Corsa system. Personally I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and shell out thecoin for the Corsa.

But if you want to hear and aftermarket system in person you might want to check with the guys at the Alberta LX club (ALX) over on LXForums. I'm sure one of them has an aftermarket catback. I haven't had an opportunity to head out to one of their events so I haven't been able to pick their brains. If you do end up getting a Magnaflow or similar, let me know as I'd like to hear how it sounds on an LX (I've got a Magnaflow catback on my V8 Dakota and it sounds awesome).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have the Borla system on mine from Dodge along with JBA Shortie headers and have no Drone noice and very happy with the sound. Takes about 1.5 hrs R/R the Cat back system.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was having the same troubles, apparently the Borla system doesn't drone either, from what I've read and it is a bit cheaper than the Corsa system. Personally I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and shell out thecoin for the Corsa.

But if you want to hear and aftermarket system in person you might want to check with the guys at the Alberta LX club (ALX) over on LXForums. I'm sure one of them has an aftermarket catback. I haven't had an opportunity to head out to one of their events so I haven't been able to pick their brains. If you do end up getting a Magnaflow or similar, let me know as I'd like to hear how it sounds on an LX (I've got a Magnaflow catback on my V8 Dakota and it sounds awesome).
Hey man, sorry it's taken forever to reply to this post. I ended up going with a catback from SOLO performance. I really like it, barely any drone, and usually only at gear-shift points. It's quieter than other systems though, so if you want super loud it's not the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.