Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hemi? Noooooooo!
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here collects coins. I bought a 1795 Draped bust silver dollar and a 1911 2.5 gold indian head coin for $65. I have never bought coins before and it seemed like a good deal. Any coin collectores let me know if i did good or bad? O ya got them at a swap meet.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I used to...but I don't know too much about values. The best thing to do while searching for treasure at swap meets is to have a smart phone with internet access and to look up those items on Ebay first. Coins are only worth money if you plan to re sell them. But if you like them, sounds like it was a good deal. I have a bunch of coins and paper money, but I have no clue on their values.

·
Registered
994 Posts
It all depends on condition next is rarity. That's all I really know about coins

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
374 Posts
stop collecting coins n start collecting metals. Gold, Silver, Platnum.. if you want to do both collect pennies older than 1982, the US gov is doing away with the penny, when they do do the math on what 100Lbs of pennies will be worth if the copper content is 97 % and copper goes for 3.40 a pound.. 100$ in pennies = $221.37. Sorry for the ramble, when i comes to making money im all in lol

Base Metal Melt Value Calculation - Coinflation.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts