Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Any value running without the engine cover on the 5.7's

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  NOTPAID4 
#1 ·
I've noticed that the foam on th eunderside of the engine cover has been coming off and sitting in the valley's of the block. Any harm in running without the cover (apart from engine noise inside the cabin).

#3 · (Edited)
The only drawback to removing the engine cover on an '05 Hemi is having to look at that ugly mess of crossover plug wires.
You can take care of that buy installing a set of Taylor 8.2mm short plug wires.

There's no reason why you can't drive without the engine cover.

#4 ·
I leave my cover off. If anything, and this stricty a guess, but I would have to think that it retains heat generated from the engine from escaping? It may also help blanket some of the valve train noise too?

#6 ·
but I would have to think that it retains heat generated from the engine from escaping?
It's possible that it does muffle some sound and retain some heat.

I've done temperature monitoring with and without the cover and there doesn't appear to be much difference at all, if any.

#7 ·
It hasn't made any changes at all since mine was STOLEN! I would think it would only help protect the hood from the heat ruining your paint. That happened on my Fairlane before I installed the hood insulation.

#9 ·
Tee and I have all four engine covers off and stored along with all four of our stock air filter assemblies! I like the look much better with them off as I keep the engines detailed up!

My engine on BLUE...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.