Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive changed my tierods about two times in two years, first time they said it was due to my heavy 22inch rims (took those off and been running on stock huubcaps). second time no real reason was given except bumps in potholes. any one know of stronger reinforced tierods?

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
i have used moog for years. but u must grease them or they will go bad. i hit mine at every oil change.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok im going to purchase these b4 i put my rims on and have to get another wheel alignment, thats usually when i find out the tierods are bad... thanks guys

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
guy's

what milage are you changing them ?

Had my car alligned last week and they check them , still no play at all after 60000 miles
Still on original.
running 20" and 22"

·
Registered
799 Posts
2 OUTER TIE ROD END LEFT AND RIGHT NEW LH RH PAIR 2WD - eBay (item 280615970014 end time Feb-12-11 10:09:34 PST) These are what I used when I did mine, 15,000+ miles on them and holding up well. I'd go with the moogs though they seem to be the most common replacement and seem to hold up well
they sold us a COMPLETE new front suspension setup for my momma's ford windstar
i put it in roughly 2 winters ago. it is like a new van
but we grease at every oil change
IMO, i'd go with moog. plus they come with the lifetime warranty if im not mistaken

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i have to grease mine ever 3000 miles or so, i do oil ever 5000 with synthetic so its before i do oil and then i hit them again when i am under there for oil so i don't have to do it a couple weeks later. Kinda a pain but it quits down and feels tight like the day i did them again. I got 57xxx miles out of the stock ones (wanted to change them around 50xxx but the wife held me off lol) little over $100 for inners & outers, used google shopper to find the best deal after finding the part numbers i needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts