Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I ride like big boys do!
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 22" Kumho's on my Mag. Two out of the four has given me nothing but grief by never staying inflated. I have to put air in them about once a week. I've taken them in to be "sealed" around the chrome. I even think they are noisy as hell. I can hear this never-ending hollow-like sound coming into the Mag from the tire well from the moment I drive til the moment I park it. Could be something else, but I'm blaming it on the tires.

I previously had Pirelli's on the Mag. Loved them. Didn't give me any problems just wore down. Didn't even hear a peep out of them from the tire well. Just thought I would save a few bucks.

I hate with a passion anything on my car (car included) that's not reliable.

So, now I'm about to ditch the Kumhos and wondering what tires should I purchase. Should I go back to Pirelli? Or, is there another tire that you all recommend?

I drive my Mag every day to and from work. I don't race...well, unless someone challenges the Hemi...then, I have to spank they :eck05:. Then, there's my never-satisfiable need for speed...love that Hemi power. So, you be the judge.

We don't have snow in Memphis so I keep my 22s on all year round.

Are some tires just crappy and poorly made?

Suggestions? Recommendations? Comments? Testimonies?

Thanks,

HEMIs are for girls

·
Rollin' in a Wagon Still!
2,503 Posts
I've always had Pirelli Scorpion or Nitto, I have found my new love with Proxy Toyo's now! stay away from low costing tires, you get what you pay for... a co-worker of mines had kumho's not even after a month they bubbled up and popped, luckily he wasnt on the expressway

·
Steady As She Goes!!!...
6,467 Posts
do you have any pics of your ride??
dont think i've seen your car before

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
I went with the Hankook tires based on recomendations. Have only had them on my Mag for 4 month before the snow hit and the winter tires went on but so far no problems.

·
One wicked azz car!
5,940 Posts
tires are not made the same differnet companies use different rubber compounds and tread patterns and so on and so forth....

as for the Kumho I had them on the mag for well over a year with no problems i would run them again...you problem sounds more like a bad valve stem seal or something

i currently run NEXEN probably not the best tire on the market but they work great for me

·
BLESSED
3,433 Posts
sorry for your bad luck (BABY GIRL) with your "meats" but i have always had good luck with "kumos" & "toyos" . All i can say is go with what works 4 you...... But no matter what it's all about the tire pressure, good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I've been running Dunlop SP Sportmaxx and love them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nitro-fill has been very handy for me...seeing as how the temperature iS crazy here in VA...$40 for all 4 and free top offs..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have had Yokohama-Parada Spec-X's (265x35x22) for a year on my Mag and they are great! Quiet and awesome tires (held air with a screw in one for 2 weeks before TPMS registered it needing air. Tires are awesome....

I have a charger with Pirelli Scorp Zero's on there and they seem great as well... only thing with Pirelli is that they run more because Earnhardt is the man that backs them.... (i believe) and they just charge alot because of 'REPUTATION'

But they are badass tires as well, so I dono!

-Good luck

·
Registered
174 Posts
why do you guys buy the cheapest tires when your life in riding on them? i don't get it. i only buy tested and proven Goodyears.

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
I had Toyo 's they were ok. I 'm now running with Yokohamas and love em. Maybe the Toyo's didn't last as long as I wanted cuz I had them put on the ride @ 1200 mils and I was still testing the Hemi hard. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts