Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I run the wires all the way back in the headliner.
2011-02-04 10.45.43.jpg
Took the speaker cower off for easyer install.
2011-02-04 10.50.29.jpg
Attached the camera power/ground wire to the cigarett lighter.
2011-02-04 12.55.27.jpg
Drilled a test hole in poplar to see if the camera fits tight.
2011-02-04 12.59.35.jpg
Drilled a hole in the bumper for the camera.
2011-02-04 13.37.24.jpg
Popped the bumper off on the top and moved the wires under the bumper/weather strip.
2011-02-04 13.53.47.jpg
Done!
2011-02-04 14.20.52.jpg

Camera in action.

I almost forgot the camera was $8 or $12 on ebay. You can't go wrong with that...!

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
nice!

If it fits I think I'm gonna mount my camera in the rear wing where the sprayer nozzle is since I removed my wiper

·
Registered
224 Posts
Damm that is nice. I want to get one but I want to put it in the front so I dont get to close to curbs since ive lowered my ride.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dang! for that price I might add on to my unit! Nice job!! You got a link for the camera?
http://cgi.ebay.com/170-Wide-Angle-Car-Rear-View-Reverse-Backup-HD-Camera-/250682058519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5dd0a717

nice!

If it fits I think I'm gonna mount my camera in the rear wing where the sprayer nozzle is since I removed my wiper
I was gonna do that, but I think that's a lot of work because the space so limited and you have to make the hole 3/4" ish big...

Damm that is nice. I want to get one but I want to put it in the front so I dont get to close to curbs since ive lowered my ride.
I'm gonna get another one for the front when I do the front end swap...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice Job. How good is it at night?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I really WOULD like to do this!
I'm just thinking that it would be okay in the summer months, but in the winter time,
since Maggies get SO dirty in the back, and all vehicles get so dirty in the front,
it would be pretty useless unless you cleaned it every couple of days.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I really WOULD like to do this!
I'm just thinking that it would be okay in the summer months, but in the winter time,
since Maggies get SO dirty in the back, and all vehicles get so dirty in the front,
it would be pretty useless unless you cleaned it every couple of days.
I thought about that too, but I think if you put it under the lip on the rear bumper, like above the tag, it might shield it from the dirt that gathers back there..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great write up.

I documented a video on how I installed my stereo from start to finish.

On Youtube it's called:
Installing a Stereo, USB Ports, and a Backup Camera in a 2005 Dodge Magnum.

The backup camera starts at 53:01

1 - 11 of 11 Posts