Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much back and forth and finally putting enough money away...my BC Racing coilovers are here!

I was wondering, does anyone have any photos of where their adjusters are set on the front and/or rear? Not doubting some adjustment will be necessary, but it would be nice to get close right off the bat.

Also, anyone in the Bay Area interested in lending a hand for the install this weekend? Free pizza and beer...and talking shop :) You're also welcome to laugh at my lack of progress on the fender flares I'm making for my BMW 3er.

So stoked to finally get this thing driving like it should!

Attachments

· Premium Member
18,860 Posts
Nice! Make sure when you tighten each rear shock lower mounting bolt that it's tight.....No, I mean really tight or you'll have clicking/clunking. Here's how to make sure.......

Once you think the lower mount is tight enough, grab onto the lower shock body and try to twist it back and forth. If it moves, it's not tight enough.....Tighten more. You may find it necessary to use a cheater bar. If you cant get it tight enough (some can't), slip one or two washers on either side of the shock mount and then put the bolt through. The washers will take up some of the space and you then shouldn't have any problems getting it tight enough.

· Premium Member
1,225 Posts

· MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,425 Posts
Pics won't really help much. You just have to adjust til you get em where you want. For me, I rested the tires on the liners and went from there. I wanted to be as low as possible while having just enough clearance to drive it. The fronts are quick, but I spent a couple hours adjustin the rears.

· Premium Member
1,140 Posts
cant wait to see the before and after pics

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well gentlemen, I have to say thank you for the advice and for posting the link to the install thread. That information made the install far easier than when I did my Eibach/Pedders install.

I can say this with absolute certainty...if you are considering shocks/springs....STOP. Save yourself the time, the money and the frustration and go with these the first time. I bought my stuff from Wiked Kustoms in Vacaville, and they were on the truck in less than 24 hours.

The install took me the better part of the day, mostly because I did the rears the hard way rather than by lowering the entire K-member. I have a sloped driveway and wasn't comfortable with lowering the entire rear while on a slope. Most of the swearing took place over removing the Eibach Sportlines from the rear of the car. I'm still dumbfounded over how these "lowering springs" are actually longer than the stock ones, lower the car almost 3", and are so soft that they're worthless. All the new stuff went in without any effort at all.

After I got everything installed, a couple of quick test drives and then took it up Mt. Hamilton Rd. and Hwy 9 (Bay Area guys...you'll understand). I am seriously impressed at how responsive this very heavy car has become. Some of you have been riding on these for years. I drive hard and hope that these will hold up, but my initial impression is very positive.

Attachments

· Registered
583 Posts
Your car would sure look good with my 20" MSRT wheels. .by the way love the gloss/flat black combo

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BAADWAG, thanks! I would absolutely love to get my hands on your MSRT8 wheels. Afraid to ask how much though. 18" tires are becoming more expensive than 20s now...and eventually I'll need to make the switch. The Vossen wheels would be my choice if money was no object...but some nice SRT8 or Viper SRT10 wheels are right up there.

· Registered
909 Posts
Sounds like smiles for miles!! :)

· Registered
1 Posts
Well gentlemen, I have to say thank you for the advice and for posting the link to the install thread. That information made the install far easier than when I did my Eibach/Pedders install. I can say this with absolute certainty...if you are considering shocks/springs....STOP. Save yourself the time, the money and the frustration and go with these the first time. I bought my stuff from Wiked Kustoms in Vacaville, and they were on the truck in less than 24 hours. The install took me the better part of the day, mostly because I did the rears the hard way rather than by lowering the entire K-member. I have a sloped driveway and wasn't comfortable with lowering the entire rear while on a slope. Most of the swearing took place over removing the Eibach Sportlines from the rear of the car. I'm still dumbfounded over how these "lowering springs" are actually longer than the stock ones, lower the car almost 3", and are so soft that they're worthless. All the new stuff went in without any effort at all. After I got everything installed, a couple of quick test drives and then took it up Mt. Hamilton Rd. and Hwy 9 (Bay Area guys...you'll understand). I am seriously impressed at how responsive this very heavy car has become. Some of you have been riding on these for years. I drive hard and hope that these will hold up, but my initial impression is very positive.
My sir these springs looks awfully long for a eibach sportline.I have a 2015 Challenger rt lowered on sport lines and paired with Bilstein b6 shocks and it rides so much on rails and comfortable at same time due to the progressive springs I wouldn't even consider coilovers.also paired with sway bars and 305s on Michelin pilot sport 4s I'm using mine as a dedicated weekend night touge car on hwy9 and I plan to achieve an uphill record for 9

1 - 10 of 10 Posts