Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the BC Racing Coilover set for a 2007 Dodge Magnum and I have a couple questions. I've already installed the rear suspension and I'm getting a clunking noise on the passenger side when driving. Does anyone know what this could be from? (The rear end is currently dropped 2 inches but I'm changing to 1.5 inches) Also on the rear end was there anything else I had to adjust other than the spring height?

Thank You for the help in advance,

RC3

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Quite common for the lower shock mounting bolt to not be tight enough. Happened to me too. You MUST put a cheater bar on that lower bolt and tighten. Here's how to confirm this is your problem........

Reach in behind the tire and grab hold of the lower shock body. Twist back and forth. If the lower shock body moves, it's because the bolt hasn't tightened up enough on the lower mount. Tighten it up until the lower shock body does not move and the noise will be gone.

If for some reason you can't get the lower bolt tight enough, loosen it, pull the bolt out and slide a washer in to take up some of the space.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I had the same problem. Tightened it up and all was better. Like Bill said, use a cheater bar. I had to do it twice. Second time used a bar.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry to here the troubles. Hopefully the above fixes you up.

I'm hoping the shop doesn't have issues with my install tomorrow.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone for the Help! Apparently i was just bottoming out on the rear passenger side. Can anyone tell me if I should have to compensate for the weight of the fuel tank on the passenger side? That side was much lower than the driver side (by about an inch). Also do i need to adjust the height of the shock? (ive only adjusted the height of the spring)

Thanks
RC3

·
Registered
159 Posts
You need to adjust the shock and spring the same amount in the rear. I believe the instructions mention this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts