Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First one is the before pic. I hear a ticking noise when I am driving, not sure whats going on. Its not very loud, sounds like coming from the front. My mechanic said bring it back in a week to inspect them so I'll have him inspect the noise too. Next year I think I'll get some 20's. Other than that I LOVE THE LOOK!

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Looks much better! Congratulations.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Looks great! Those rims look much better than the stock AWD wheels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It is looking good. Is your Maggie AWD if so where did you buy the BCR and how much? Also, are your rims 20s? I am looking to upgrade my suspension probably in the summer, but going to buy rims after my deployment. Thanx

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,840 Posts
I would guess that your clicking issue is coming from one of the rear lower shock mounts. It's a very common issue with BC Coilovers and is easy to fix.

SAFELY get under the car and grasp the lower portion of the rear shocks. Try to twist it back and forth. There should be no movement when you do this. If you have movement, that means the lower mount isn't tight enough. It will click when driving as the shock moves about. The lower mounts must be extremely tight. You may have to use a cheater bar to get them tight enough. When done, try the twist test again. If there's no movement, you've fixed the problem.

If there's too much play to get it tight, try shimming the space between the shock mount and the shock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where the hell is the like button????? I'd push it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would guess that your clicking issue is coming from one of the rear lower shock mounts. It's a very common issue with BC Coilovers and is easy to fix.

SAFELY get under the car and grasp the lower portion of the rear shocks. Try to twist it back and forth. There should be no movement when you do this. If you have movement, that means the lower mount isn't tight enough. It will click when driving as the shock moves about. The lower mounts must be extremely tight. You may have to use a cheater bar to get them tight enough. When done, try the twist test again. If there's no movement, you've fixed the problem.

If there's too much play to get it tight, try shimming the space between the shock mount and the shock.
Thanks again Fireman, you gave me this tip before and i totally forgot. Now when you say use a cheater bar do you mean you use something to get more torque, like a hollow pipe?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is looking good. Is your Maggie AWD if so where did you buy the BCR and how much? Also, are your rims 20s? I am looking to upgrade my suspension probably in the summer, but going to buy rims after my deployment. Thanx
Yep AWD RT. I got my coilovers off ebay for 995.00 shipping included. They were not easy to find, maybe someone within the forum can chime in and give you other avenues. The rims are actually 18 inch wheels off a charger, hoping to grab a nice set of 20s next year. Gotta take it easy with the spending don't want the wife to get to jealous. Good luck with your Mag!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep AWD RT. I got my coilovers off ebay for 995.00 shipping included. They were not easy to find, maybe someone within the forum can chime in and give you other avenues. The rims are actually 18 inch wheels off a charger, hoping to grab a nice set of 20s next year. Gotta take it easy with the spending don't want the wife to get to jealous. Good luck with your Mag!
Correction...18 inch wheels off a challenger.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,840 Posts
Thanks again Fireman, you gave me this tip before and i totally forgot. Now when you say use a cheater bar do you mean you use something to get more torque, like a hollow pipe?

That's it, yes

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how far did you lower it for the front and rear? i don't wanna cause any axle trouble. i appreciate the help.
My mechanic lowered it for me, not sure how many inches. However I did take a measurement and I am sitting at a 1 1/2 inch gap from fender to tire in the front and 2 inches in the rear. I love the look but I think I will have to raise it a little because these dam michigan roads are treacherous!

·
Registered
909 Posts
My mechanic lowered it for me, not sure how many inches. However I did take a measurement and I am sitting at a 1 1/2 inch gap from fender to tire in the front and 2 inches in the rear. I love the look but I think I will have to raise it a little because these dam michigan roads are treacherous!
Yes they are! That's where I went to buy my msrt in 2011 and was shocked I was dodging potholes on the interstate as well as normal roads. Iowa roads are much better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts