Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without spending $2k for a Brembo brake upgrade, what are some inexpensive ways to get better braking out of my Magnum. I have noticed the brakes on the Magnum aren't the best. The car has 22k miles on it. When should the pads be replaced?

Will some slotted and cross drilled rotors have any noticable effect other than appearance? What type/brand of brake pads do you recommend?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Cross drilled& slotted will have a great effect on ur braking. Did it to my mag, my mag stops sooooooo much better now.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Steve, as I understand it, pad selection is going to be where you improve your braking abilities. On a Magnum with an otherwise stock braking system, I wouldn't expect much more than appearance if going to cross drilled rotors. Your best bet for a good mix of performance and longevity would be slotted rotors. The slots would help to remove the gases without reducing the braking area. If you don't want to spend the money to upgrade the calipers, you should look at performance pads (Hawk, SBC, etc.) and consider installing stainless steel brake lines to firm up the pedal.

Something to remember about brake pads. Ceramic pads will yield less dust and they have a better bite when colder. They will fade more quickly as the brakes heat up. A performance pad will be a dustier but the performance can improve as the temperature of the brake system increases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts