Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attn all Billet Technology customers..... Just a note about a recent bad Experience I had. I have been an avid, loyal buyer of BT product for several years. I've purchased literally thousands of dollars of their customization products from their online website and eBay for my own cars and others we were upgrading for customers. On Christmas Eve BT ran a 40% off sale on everything until 8:35 PM EST, I of course took advantage of the offering with ample time to meet their odd cut off time. I placed my order using the coupon code BT provided on a Facebook posting earlier in the day. To my surprise BT's website would not accept the coupon code.... So I checked my order and tried again,,,, same error message (other buyers complained of having the same problem.) Anyway, I voiced my concern about the flawed coupon code and their web-checkout problems on their FB page and they removed all of my comments. I then received an email from BT claiming that the reason the coupon code didn't work was because I placed my order too late and that they had experienced no website problems during the sale... WTF???? I had more than 30 minutes before the sale was over as it was 6:58 PM CST in my time zone. I went to their FB page to see if any other had received the same "Blame our problems on the buyer" treatment, only to find that I had been removed from their page and blocked! TALK ABOUT A $HITTY WAY TO TREAT A LONG TIME BUYER WITH $$$$ TO SPEND. THIS FORMER BT CUSTOMER WILL NEVER BUY A SINGLE PIECE OF THEIR UNLICENSED ALUMINUM AGAIN,,, AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER! THINK TWICE, THEY DON"T PLAY NICE!!! =D(

·
Premium Member
14,795 Posts
im sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I do believe that this is a rarity with BT. I have never seen anything but high reviews on thier customer service. I would recommend that you keep trying to contact them about this, and see if you can't receive some more indication of what went wrong from them. I would also recommend keeping a level head, and hold off on the negative reviews on the boards, until you have exhausted all options. They are much less likely to want to work things out with you if they feel you are attacking thier business in front of their main client base.

I also feel that your thread title is a bit misleading....I opened the thread expecting to see a story of how a vendor took your money and shafted you on the product, which from your story does not appear that that is the case. Im assuming you mean they took the loot because of how many prior sales they completed for you, but you might think about how that title looks to the general public on the boards.

good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried working with them and to add insult to injury I was deleted along with my comments. Other members who complained about their checkout problems had their comments deleted as well. Guess this is why you never hear anything bad about Heidi and the BT gang....

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I've met some of the BT team personally, and know they're a top notch vendor. I took advantage of the same sale w/success and remember the "heads up" they gave everyone for the traffic on the site, the solution was to simply call or place your order and everything's time stamped
Something seems off here, GL

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
Only problem I've had is the Black Friday sale "delay" on shipping. Ordered and I, like many others, have yet to receive their items. In fact, mine shipped yesterday, so from Nov. 23rd till Jan. 11th to ship something. I understand they got slammed but that's a lot of wait. Upset that they have discontinued their window switch kit and can't get any replacements but that happens.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Sorry you had those problems. They did offer some insite on lxforums with your problems and looks like they offered to help you out but you didnt take them up on it. Im sure a simple phone call would have solved it for you. Mis-communication Im sure. I also understand that you some strong words on the FB page (you cant curse on forums so why on FB?)so thats why it got removed.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Oh and your title says they took your loot????? Since when does BT charge your CC before they ship it. NEVER..... , thats the answer.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
BT. is probably the BEST Vendor I have EVER dealt with (besides US at 3G LOL) KUDOS to Heidi and the Team at BT.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered Nov.23rd and shipped Jan.11th? WOW A month and a half to fill an order is a little on the excessive side don't you think? Out of stock would be one thing but if it's in stock it shouldn't take that long. If you are running a sale and know you are going to get slammed you should prepare for it. I have done business with BT and have no complaints with them, however I would have, if it would have taken them a month and a half to ship the part. I'm now waiting on Moe's to send a part ordered on Jan. 4th, and the only thing I can find out is the order is "pending", whatever that means. I had to go to their web page to find that out. They don't answer the phone and don't respond to e-mail so I don't even know if they know the order is there. Patience is not one of my virtues. Come to think of it, I have no virtues, that's why I have a Magnum with a Hemi engine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ordered Nov.23rd and shipped Jan.11th? WOW A month and a half to fill an order is a little on the excessive side don't you think? Out of stock would be one thing but if it's in stock it shouldn't take that long. If you are running a sale and know you are going to get slammed you should prepare for it. I have done business with BT and have no complaints with them, however I would have, if it would have taken them a month and a half to ship the part. I'm now waiting on Moe's to send a part ordered on Jan. 4th, and the only thing I can find out is the order is "pending", whatever that means. I had to go to their web page to find that out. They don't answer the phone and don't respond to e-mail so I don't even know if they know the order is there. Patience is not one of my virtues. Come to think of it, I have no virtues, that's why I have a Magnum with a Hemi engine.

If everyone would have read past the 40% off part they would have seen where we informed potential customers ahead of time the lead times would have been longer then usual.

Mainly because of high volume and the fact there were 3 holidays involved. It is what it is..

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
I believe sir, IF I read your thread right; the sale was was 8 - 9 am; NOT PM. I couldn't get on the website either; just a matter of too many people in my opinion. I simply PM'd them and they honored my order.

AS GREAT at they are, I believe a simple PM or email could have resolved any issues.

As far as the orders taking time, IF you had as much business as they do you'd surely understand why they couldn't possibility have EVERYTHING in stock. I patiently waited for mine and VERY HAPPY I DID! Worth the wait!!!

YOU'LL be HARD PRESSED to find a better vendor than BT!!!!!!!!!

These.... of course, are just my opinions!!!!!!!!! Along with about a 1000 others.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Well, I hate to break it down like this, but with all the great reviews I have heard from this great family we have here in CM, it seems your story is missing some details. Not to discredit you any, but this could easily be interpreted as an upset cotumer trying to slander. Considering you are new here also, It seems hard to take you serious since that was your very first post and it was just to bash BT. To be honest with you, I trust most of these guys enough to take my ride for a drive and know that they would take care of my car better then they would their own.

This all of course, is just my personal opinion. Just thought I would throw in my $0.02.

·
"CREEPLIFE...SOOOWOOO"
3,722 Posts
If everyone would have read past the 40% off part they would have seen where we informed potential customers ahead of time the lead times would have been longer then usual.

Mainly because of high volume and the fact there were 3 holidays involved. It is what it is..
I get emails from you guys about the shipping. Xmas time is hi volume for them i know. some parts are custom orders and more time then others.I would rather wait 6 months for quality item then a few days for garbage.If you don't like the way your treated in one place you move on to the next.....simple!

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts

It wasn't really a complaint from me, and I expected a wait, just not that much of one. Best part, and prob. should have added it but was barely awake at the time I wrote it, BT has been VERY good at keeping everyone up to day with emails explaining where everything was and when it should ship. To tell the truth, I'm more upset I can't get a replacement piece, and that is just that I'm sad, not mad. I've always heard good things from everyone about BT, they answer emails quickly and have good attitude as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I wasn't here for the 40% off sale so I never saw it. There was nothing said about any lead time in the post or about BT keeping everyone informed about shipping dates. I did NOT bash BT. On average one and a half months between order date and shipping date is high. Let me repeat what I did say, "I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH BT AND I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS WITH THEM".

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I wasn't here for the 40% off sale so I never saw it. There was nothing said about any lead time in the post or about BT keeping everyone informed about shipping dates. I did NOT bash BT. On average one and a half months between order date and shipping date is high. Let me repeat what I did say, "I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH BT AND I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS WITH THEM".
I am pretty sure everyones response is towards the thread starter, not you homie!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry you had those problems. They did offer some insite on lxforums with your problems and looks like they offered to help you out but you didnt take them up on it. Im sure a simple phone call would have solved it for you. Mis-communication Im sure. I also understand that you some strong words on the FB page (you cant curse on forums so why on FB?)so thats why it got removed.
Would you take them up on a half hearted offer after they removed you from their page and put the entire blame on yours truly for their IT issues? Not me, I have ethics when it comes to "The customers is always right."

·
Registered
874 Posts
Would you take them up on a half hearted offer after they removed you from their page and put the entire blame on yours truly for their IT issues? Not me, I have ethics when it comes to "The customers is always right."
Sounds like someone else looking for something for nothing.......
I've never had any problems with bt plain and simple.... They always make stuff rite!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I'll also chime in with support of BT...the sale was posted on various forums along with the access code and the hour breakdown...I had to wait 4-5 weeks for the strut covers but they were keeping us all in the loop with timing as these pieces are created per order, thus a long lag time on some stuff...I'd also say try to speak with Management at BT to voice your opinion, if you're still interested in dealing with them and good luck with it...unfortunately it appears most of us here are in defense of BT as we have a lot of their bling and understand, patience is a virtue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.