Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got rid of my '05 Ram for an '05 SXT and the first thing I want to do is rims. My Magnum is black so I want to do black rims. I have found some that I like, but I don't know size wise what will fit. I want to do 20's, will they work with a stock SXT?

I'm looking at two wheels right now and both have the same size...
They fit: Dodge Challenger SE RT SRT8 09-10, Dodge Charger RWD SE SXT 06-09, Dodge Charger RWD RT-Daytona SRT8 07-10, Magnum SRT RWD 05-08. Will not Fit Charger AWD.

Will they fit an '05 SXT?

Thanks for your help.

WHEEL SIZE:20x9WHEEL OFFSET:20BOLT PATTERN:5-115HUB SIZE:71.5BACK SPACING:5.79

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am bummed to hear that, but thanks for the advice. I love the look of those rims and thought those (the second pair) were the ones for me. Does any body have any ideas on rims that look similar to the above two only 20x8.5 instead of 20x9. I am having a hard time finding the replica wheels in a smaller size.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
The Dodge replica wheels should fit your SXT, a few minor modifications may be needed tho. I have no experience with em, but I know there are members here with both sets you have posted. As far as the Chally SRT wheels, I think they just needed spacers for the fronts. You may wanna send a PM to igolo or Waldo. You won't find these in a smaller size than 20", they don't exist.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
They will fit but will have LITTLE clearence (credit card or two thick) from the wheel to the knuckle in the front.
If that is true, it can easily be corrected with 3 mm spacers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From all my research, I'm glad that it wasn't just me who couldn't find smaller replica rims. I have no experience with adding new wheels to a car, so price wise, how much would the aforementioned spacers cost in general?

As for a website for the rims: Dodge Charger SRT Wheel.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
From all my research, I'm glad that it wasn't just me who couldn't find smaller replica rims. I have no experience with adding new wheels to a car, so price wise, how much would the aforementioned spacers cost in general?

Spacers are about $25 a pair for a good set. Don't buy the cheap 'universal' ones, get the hubcentric spacers that match your bolt pattern. That would be 5X115.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am running the Chally SRT Wheels and have generic 3MM spacers up front. Everything fits fine and they were like 10bucks from the tire shop i went to.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts

Get the spacers you need here. You won't find them any better. 3mm Hub Centric Spacers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I decided to go with the Challenger Replica wheels and placed my order yesterday. In addition to the rims, I just got 20% tints done on my front windows and I have head and tail light black out covers coming in the mail. I am going all black on my Magnum. I will put up a picture when it's done.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Here's the almost finished product. I am still waiting for my headlight blackouts.

I think it looks fantastic.......Well done!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Looks awesome man

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts
Looks amazing...this makes me wish I had mine in black

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks awesome I just purchased my first Magnum 3 weeks ago and I want to go all black as well. I have the mod itch already. I do have one a question for you how did u go about blacking out the side door guard trim. I also want to pull off the SX sible on the back any hints in the best way?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts