Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's Magnum make a "springy" noise when you are pressing the brake pedal? My brakes are fine, it is just that the noise can get annoying on a quiet drive or something if my kid is asleep.

·
Registered
94 Posts
mine's a loud thump right before I hit the breaks, I can't figure out what it is but it always seems to happen in a cross-walk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2005_44Magnum said:
mine's a loud thump right before I hit the breaks, I can't figure out what it is but it always seems to happen in a cross-walk.
That be the sound of the longhorn getting ran over...:_smalgunn Go Sooners

·
Registered
2 Posts
snoopydapimp said:
Does anyone else's Magnum make a "springy" noise when you are pressing the brake pedal? My brakes are fine, it is just that the noise can get annoying on a quiet drive or something if my kid is asleep.
Hello Everyone new to this forum, But to answer your Question is YES, and it is the pedal return spring that becomes misaligned or rotated ???
Mine has been repaired by the dealer for this, and that was their description, worked fine for about 6 months, it's back again, this time I am going to check it out myself. Beats having it in the shop for a couple of days!!!!:OMG-WTF-B

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the problem and finally took care of it for now. I removed the lower pad and put some lube on the part where the spring attaches to the pedal. I also move the spring a bit and the noise went away. The brake pedal looks like it was made in some high school shop class as it is rough. I also found a lot of play where it connects to the brake rod which made a thud sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts