Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone out there fill me in on the brake rotor warping problem my 2005 is having? I have had them turned once at 13,000 miles and they are ready to be done again at 27,000! I really don't drive THAT hard. I read the Car and Driver article and they had the problem too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeez you guys! Anyone thought of maybe this is a vehicle manufacture problem? Why should we HAVE to spend our money to "fix" this. The brakes on our cars work great, they feel like they can stop a tank. It's just the warping problem. I would think if enough reports about this and a big group of us email D/C about the possible safety issue that this really is, we can at least get a good explaination from the top of how to repair the problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
charlieoneway said:
Jeez you guys! Anyone thought of maybe this is a vehicle manufacture problem? Why should we HAVE to spend our money to "fix" this. The brakes on our cars work great, they feel like they can stop a tank. It's just the warping problem. I would think if enough reports about this and a big group of us email D/C about the possible safety issue that this really is, we can at least get a good explaination from the top of how to repair the problem.
What? You mean warrentees actually are worth something? :idea:

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
I've got over 56,000 miles on my original pads and rotors and they still work great. I never use impact guns on my rims and always torque to spec.
I also don't hold the break pedal down after a haul down from high speed and come to a stop, so I don't build up heat in one location on the rotor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts