Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No its not a modern work of art, though it is ugly enough. It is the intake silencer/muffler for the air cleaner. I took it off to make installing the fog lights easier. The hole that is still there still opens into the cold air, so I am going to leave it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it is designed to keep water out of the intake. But I really doubt we would have to worry much about water getting up that high around Omaha.

So what shows are coming up? I would like to show my toy som, but don't know much about how/where to do it

·
Registered
160 Posts
356magnum said:
The hole that is still there still opens into the cold air, so I am going to leave it off.
You now have a CAI :D

I think I put my silencer thing in the attic with most of my other stock parts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Husker said:
I think it is designed to keep water out of the intake. But I really doubt we would have to worry much about water getting up that high around Omaha.

So what shows are coming up? I would like to show my toy som, but don't know much about how/where to do it
The main purpose is to muffle the intake suction noise.

Well when the spring finally gets here, Flashbacks on 84th and Center area will start up again on every weds. Free showing there, they only thing is that they sell sodas, hotdogs and burgers, it just a respect thing not to bring a cooler. They don't say anything if you do bring a cooler as long as you dont sell. At the end of the last season, "sport tuners" were asked (told) to leave because of stereo wars, language and fighting. There are def some clicks there, the old hot rods/classic muscle, middle agers (like 70-80's cars) and then the newer cars. What stinks is that there was only 1 other LX there last season. He had/has an SRT-8 300C and was more interested in selling for profit than showing it. Offically it starts around 7, but on a nice nite you have to be there before 6. The over all attitude is great, but there are a few of the "if it aint built in the 30's it aint sh*t". Heck even a few Harleys show up before going over to the Red-Eye Saloon. I finally got my hands on the rear DVD monitor and will be installing it this weekend. Now all I have to do is get the springs and almost done. Alpine has just come out with an indash DVD HU, damn bastards!!!! haha.

Didnt you have some video installed by Metro?? They have like 6 shows/comps a year and then there are a few others around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nope, no video as of now.. But I am getting ready to lower the mag some. I did invest 3K in wheels and tires( they are off for the winter) also a Jet chip, CAI and also soon headers...it's only money :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Husker said:
Nope, no video as of now.. But I am getting ready to lower the mag some. I did invest 3K in wheels and tires( they are off for the winter) also a Jet chip, CAI and also soon headers...it's only money :)
3K for wheels wow, thats what my stereo system cost haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Semi-Hemi said:
No its not a modern work of art, though it is ugly enough. It is the intake silencer/muffler for the air cleaner. I took it off to make installing the fog lights easier. The hole that is still there still opens into the cold air, so I am going to leave it off.
How difficult was that piece to get off? Gonne try and remove our's tonight.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forango said:
How difficult was that piece to get off? Gonne try and remove our's tonight.
Real easy, 1 bolt and some tugging. The engine splash shield has to come off, since it is removed from the bottom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Semi-Hemi said:
Real easy, 1 bolt and some tugging. The engine splash shield has to come off, since it is removed from the bottom.
The entire silencer assembly has to be removed from underneath the car?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
forango said:
The entire silencer assembly has to be removed from underneath the car?
I think so, I never looked at it by removing the airfilter box.

Here are the instructions

AIR CLEANER HOUSING​
REMOVAL​
1. Separate the air inlet duct at the element housing.
2. Disconnect the CCV hose at the element housing.
3. Remove the housing retaining bolt.
4. Pull housing up and off of the locating pin.
5. Remove element housing from vehicle.

If you do that you might be able to get to the bolt from the top. Sorry I can't remember the layout, it's been a couple of months.

.​

·
Registered
15 Posts
Semi-Hemi said:
I think so, I never looked at it by removing the airfilter box.

Here are the instructions

AIR CLEANER HOUSING​

REMOVAL​

1. Separate the air inlet duct at the element housing.
2. Disconnect the CCV hose at the element housing.
3. Remove the housing retaining bolt.
4. Pull housing up and off of the locating pin.
5. Remove element housing from vehicle.

If you do that you might be able to get to the bolt from the top. Sorry I can't remember the layout, it's been a couple of months.

thanks, I looked at it from the top last night..it looks like either way the silencer itself MUST come out beneath the car.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of these days, I'm going to cut off the muffler part and seal up the holes and make it just a straight tube then put it back on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Semi-Hemi said:
One of these days, I'm going to cut off the muffler part and seal up the holes and make it just a straight tube then put it back on.
good idea.

I took it off this weekend....10 minutes maybe..very easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is in the garage with all the other stock parts. It was crazy how big that thing is. Im still not sure what it is meant for because after removing it i really cant tell what sound it was supposed to silence... i dont hear any difference.

·
Registered
236 Posts
taht is a funky lookin piece

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
Went to take mine off last year, but I didn't have one. Not sure if they started leaving them off for cost cutting or another reason.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts