Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 05 Magnum a week ago. So forgive me if this is a stupid question. My question is that my Magnum rocks a little bit when sitting at a stop light or drive-thru. Is this normal for the 5.7L HEMI?

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Unless your on a Country of Jazz station....LOL
No, your car shouldn't rock at idle.
Welcome to the site.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
If your talking about feeling the motor, the answer is yes. At least with my Hemi, I can feel the motor idling. When I had it at the dealer, I told them it seemed like it was idleing a little rough, but they found nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, that is what I'm talking about. there is just a little rocking from the motor. All I really had in autos up to this point has been either trucks or SUV's.

steve said:
If your talking about feeling the motor, the answer is yes. At least with my Hemi, I can feel the motor idling. When I had it at the dealer, I told them it seemed like it was idleing a little rough, but they found nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's the feeling of power, my friend. I test-drove one and felt the same thing. I ended up with the 3.5, but still long for the power of the hemi.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i was thinking that it could be runnin on 4 so you would be able to feel the motor out of balance at idle. but that was just a guess

does anybody know if the car runs on 4 or 8 when at idle

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '06 Hemi does the same thing. Glad it's not just me. I had a hemi on my '04 1500 but I don't remember it rocking at idle like that. Guess it's just the way their built!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My '05 3.5L does it everyonce in awhile, reminds me of the days of the camero with a hot cam in it. Wallop wallop wallop

·
Registered
18 Posts
guys that just the torque from the engine, when you're not all the way down on the brake the car will rock forward a bit cause of the horsepower and torque, the HEMI is a beast not fully unleashed in the magnum

·
Registered
98 Posts
mine does too

guys this isnt a problem, just keep your feet on the brakes, or your monster may rev up and run away. mine has gotten worse with all the mods, its called horsepower and torque ladies and gentlemen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My car does that too. It's a 3.5 it's an ever so slight feeling, kind of reminds me of the way dragster cars rock when they are idling (but not so extreme of course). I drove an 06 Magnum as a loaner when mine was in the garage and it did the same thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts