Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago my car wouldn't start. I tried to jump it, and it wouldn't even work. Naturally, I figured it was the alternator. So had a new one installed. It worked great for that night and following morning, then the same problem occurred and my car would not start. I was told it might have been a bad alternator or battery. The battery was tested and it was fine, and I had a different alternator installed and returned the other one I purchased. Again, my car started perfectly and worked until a few hours ago. The same problem is occurring...does anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Take it to the dealers? I know it sucks, but they could be the next best resource.

·
From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet
1,783 Posts
Sounds like you have a connection issues somewhere. Check your cables for corrosion. In your case, I would consider running to your local audio shop and picking up some battery terminals and swapping out the factory sets for some aftermarket terminals. Pull the ground off and sand the chassis area where it connects to. Ensure you pull the fuse box and check under it to make sure your terminals are not corroded either. It sounds like after replacing the alternator, you moved the cable around and it had a good contact. Since CCAs are quite high when starting your car, you have to have a good contact on your cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts