Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I like carbon fibre, there are only certain pieces that I want in carbon fibre.
The Engine Cover INSERT is one of them.

I had asked Carbon by Design 3 times in the last 2 years, if they would make one.
Their last response was... Buy an Engine Cover, and paint what you don't want in carbon fibre.
I was not pleased with this answer... So I kept looking.

Most places have complete Engine Covers in carbon fibre, but NOT just the insert.
And most Engine Covers are one piece items.
However, I did come across TruCarbon, which is a division of TruFiber.
TruCarbon had a 2 piece Engine Cover.

I asked how much it would cost just to purchase the Insert.
Their response was that they did NOT sell the pieces separately.
I thought about this for a couple of days, and decided that I was NOT satisfied with this response.
I relayed my displeasure to their response, and requested their supervisor's name and e-mail address.
The very next day, I got a response saying that they were authorized to sell the Insert separately.

So... I'm here to let you know that they are willing to sell the Insert separately.
Instead of buying a carbon fibre Engine Cover for $300 plus shipping...
You can now buy a carbon fiber Engine Cover INSERT for $150 including shipping to the lower 48 states.
You can buy the Engine Cover from the web site, however...
To purchase the Engine Cover INSERT, you must order via e-mail.
Send your pertinent information to [email protected].
They do accept PayPal.

Now, for the candy...

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Persistence pays off. Looks really good.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Always amazes me when companies fight the consumer for the products that they want. Nice work sticking to your guns.

My usual response when companies pull this sort of attitude: Why are you making it so hard for me to give you my money? :)

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Boy, talk about missing the boat... a win/win for both you and the company, by seeing the wisdom of making the center insert available separately. I imagine there are more than just a few folks, me included, who'd prefer to have the insert in CF, rather than the entire cover. I've done a ton of molding on my cover, so I don't want to just chuck it all, to get the CF.

BTW, almost forgot to mention, the insert looks sweet in your cover...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank-You all.
My next step (although, I haven't decided if it's going to be this year or next)
is to paint the Engine Cover to match the body and paint the accent stripes (the ridges along the sides) to match the BT cap set.
And probably add the stainless steel Hemi lettering as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts