Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dislike that the cargo area of the Magnum is all plastic. It scratches easily, scratches things (vs carpet), and starts looking dirty and uncleanable (the light grey anyway).

I'd love to have the whole thing carpeted, the way most trunks are.

Anyone know of a kit that does that, with molded carpeting? Or, what ballpark cost should I expect to have it done custom? I can do some stuff myself, but want the job to look pro, like the factory did it.

Thoughts?

Appreciated.

Kevin

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
If I were going to do that we have some local shops that I would check with. They do great work and NOT terribly expensive! You might want to check out a shop in your area that does interior work!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might want to check out a shop in your area that does interior work!
I actually did that shortly after posting this.

Oddly, I don't see any posts of anyone who has done this, and I've searched several sites a few times. Other than stylizing the floor with wood panels, or going all custom with audio systems, I don't see anyone else doing something else back there. One person painted their stuff black, which was interesting.

Anyhow, I sent a photo of the Magnum trunk to a local place I found listed, and they estimated approx $700 ($CAD) to carpet the sides.

]{evin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts