Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I taught I taw a puddy tat....
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how many of us have changed or cleaned the fuel filter and how hard is it to get at? Had it replaced once at the stealership but would like to do it again MYSELF, if possible. My baby has seemed a little sluggish lately and although there could be many reasons, this is the first thing that came to mind. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I think its in the fuel tank attached to the pump. Remove the rear seat then access through the floor board access hatches.

From FNKYchkn on LX
"fuel filter is a lifetime part on LXs under normal use conditions. flow will be reduced as fuel is being filtered. your need for greater flow is not what chrysler would consider normal use.

the fuel filter is serviced as part of the right side pump module.
P/N 05136023AC price is 196.00 cdn "

·
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its in the fuel tank attached to the pump. Remove the rear seat then access through the floor board access hatches.

From FNKYchkn on LX
"fuel filter is a lifetime part on LXs under normal use conditions. flow will be reduced as fuel is being filtered. your need for greater flow is not what chrysler would consider normal use.

the fuel filter is serviced as part of the right side pump module.
P/N 05136023AC price is 196.00 cdn "
Ouch! Now this makes me wonder if the so called replacement a few years back was total BS made up by the dealer.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Ouch! Now this makes me wonder if the so called replacement a few years back was total BS made up by the dealer.
did the dealer say they replaced it, because i highly dought they did.

·
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did the dealer say they replaced it, because i highly dought they did.
They sure did! Those SOBs raped me again.

also, that $196, I believe is for the entire pump/filter assembly... not just the filter. I'm not even sure it's possible to get just the filter?
I don't remember if they said they replaced the filter or the whole assembly but it sounds like all they did was get $100 dollars from me for the deductable!! Bastards!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts