Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI im new here and i am looking to make my magnum sound better. As of right now i only have a 3.5L V6 (sad i know. I was wondering what would sound better a cherry bomb or flowmaster? Also should i go with a glasspack or a muffler and what is the difference?

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
Not sure about the cherry bomb, but they are WAY cheaper than flowmasters. I have true dual flowmaster exhaust on our 3.5L and love it!

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
A cherry bomb is a glass pack, it's pretty self explanatory. It is packed with fiberglass and when it blows out you will get a fart can effect from the V6. I, and several others, had good luck putting Flowmaster 40s on their v6 and it gives a good, non rice, sound. The Flowmaster is a muffler, using panels inside to redirect the flow and sound waves back on each other to deaden the sound or "muffle" it.

There are a bunch of vids on here and youtube where you can hear the sounds of different set ups.

·
Magnums Rule....
1,501 Posts
I have heard a couple hemi's with cherrybombs and they sounded great, go with some straight pipes and a cherry bombs and it should sound great IMO.

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts
I have a 3.5 V6 as well. I went with a Blastin Bobs 14db dual exhaust kit along with a Flowmaster Super 44 Series Muffler and Jones non-resonated tips. I'm in love with the way she sounds and I get comments on it non-stop (even though she's not a hemi)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 3.5 V6 as well. I went with a Blastin Bobs 14db dual exhaust kit along with a Flowmaster Super 44 Series Muffler and Jones non-resonated tips. I'm in love with the way she sounds and I get comments on it non-stop (even though she's not a hemi)
hi so wat was the cost on the hole setup .thanks .hollerrr

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
A cherry bomb is a glass pack, it's pretty self explanatory. It is packed with fiberglass and when it blows out you will get a fart can effect from the V6. I, and several others, had good luck putting Flowmaster 40s on their v6 and it gives a good, non rice, sound. The Flowmaster is a muffler, using panels inside to redirect the flow and sound waves back on each other to deaden the sound or "muffle" it.

There are a bunch of vids on here and youtube where you can hear the sounds of different set ups.
Not all Cherry Bombs are glasspacks
I have the vortex which is a muffler
I can't really comment on an exhaust for a v6 though...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not all Cherry Bombs are glasspacks
I have the vortex which is a muffler
I can't really comment on an exhaust for a v6 though...
I too have the Vortex cat-back on my R/T. It sounds great! I also have a friend with an SXT with the Vortex cat-back and it also sounds great! It's the best sounding V6 I've heard.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ill need to make a video of my car sometime. It gets rowdy
Catless Midpipes and the vortex cat back exhaust
$570 total. It will for sure get your attention

·
Registered
115 Posts
thanks for all the input. i just want it to sound good not lik a rice burner, would lik to see ur video of ur car. so much stuff out there witch would u sajest i roll with.thanks hollerrr

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went with a Flowmaster 40 series with the resonator removed and she sounds nice. Good deep tone, you can tell its not a big V8 but she sounds like a mean ass V6 for sure. I've actually had people ask if its the V8 model.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts