Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a chin spoiler/front lip/front air dam, whichever you want to refer to it as, for my 2005 Magnum SXT. I have been told that if I get a fiberglass unit such as the Danko which I really like the way it looks, that I should go ahead and get 2 of them while I am buying. The reason is the lip is fiberglass which expands and contracts in hot/cold weather causing cracks and over time needs to be replaced.
He said: a.) once you drill for the lip then it would be impossible to find another lip that would match up to the holes in your bumper when the lip needs to be replaced; b.) when the lip needs to be replaced, the manufacturer may have changed the design and the new drilling template probably/most likely won't be the same.
Q1: What experience do any of you have with these issues if any?
Q2: Is there another lip that is a direct fit without any modifications required to make it fit like you do the Charger lip?
Q3: I have seen mention of a Magnum OEM lip similar to the Charger but no pictures. Anyone have any pics or information about this one?
Q4: Does anyone know of a urethane lip that resembles the Danko or any other unique lips?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
\
Q1: What experience do any of you have with these issues if any?
Q2: Is there another lip that is a direct fit without any modifications required to make it fit like you do the Charger lip?
Q3: I have seen mention of a Magnum OEM lip similar to the Charger but no pictures. Anyone have any pics or information about this one?
Q4: Does anyone know of a urethane lip that resembles the Danko or any other unique lips?

Thanks!!

1) I do have some faint spider cracking, but you can really even notice.
2 /4) There is not another lip out there like it. The other lips out there are big and ugly.

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
I have the Charger lip spoiler and it was an easy install... the modifications needed are minimal.

Regarding the Danko spoiler, I have no personal experience with it, however in the past, I have mounted fiberglass spoilers without the cracking issues.

I drilled the mounting holes larger than the bolts to allow for slight movement, then sandwiched rubber washers/grommets between the steel washers, the body and the spoiler. It seemed to work for me...

Good luck with your choice...

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
i just ordered the danko shaved chin spoiler. i cant wait to paint it and install it

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Danko Spoiler is what I have and love it. No problems with fitment or cracking. Only issue is I drive on the freeway everyday and I cant keep that damn thing from taking the freeway abuse and chipping my paint. So I just have to repaint it every few months or so.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I've had my Danko on now for a year. No cracking at all. You don't need to buy 2 of them. 1 will do. They are gel coated, haven't seen any crack. What cracks its the paint, if not applied right or if the spoiler is hit on something.
IMO, the Charger chin spoiler looks like exactly what it is. An adaptation of a part not made for the Magnum.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
I have the Danko spoiler and love it, no problems with spider cracks at all. I bought the full version but trimmed it down later on - easily done with a Dremel Tool.
As you can see form the photos, I like Danko products.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts