Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola peeps. Sorry about my corny play on words there. [Ha!] I know this is an old subject but .... can we get some comments on performance chips? How those of you who have them like them. How they work, affect milage and .... what brand you chose. The more info you can pass along, the better. Thanks for your time.
L8R
He e' nalu

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey You Hemi's The Chip Does It Right Jet Chip Stage Ii, Also Just Installed The Torque Management Module, Can Smoke 22" With No Problem You Can Get It From Gs Motorsport For 199 Plus 15 Dollar S&h It Really Works Shifts Are Much Quicker!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chip

Bump.. Was wondering the same thing, are these chips doing anything for anybody? Just put the air-raid on, did get alittle more pep on the gas step but nothing on the gas milage.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Chip Knowledge

I was reading these postings and I am curious. How user friendly are these kits and can any wrench head figure them out. I love the power I get out of my '05 R/T, but I know there is a lot more in there with out changing cams, or making serious upgrades to the engine itself. A buddy of mine has a '05 GTO and I would love to out run him. If you coulod adice on exact name brands I would really appreciate it.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
I think the best one out there right now is the Superchips Flashpaq http://www.flashpaq.com/ . From what I can tell, it looks like it plugs into your OBD II port under the dash and you can configure different settings. I will be purchasing it soon. There is also the Jet Chip which needs to be permanently plugged into the ECM, unless you want to remove it. I think Hypertech also makes a programmer, but have heard it isn't as good as the Superchips.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Superchips vs Hypertech

Had the Hypertech, and it SUCKED! Engine kept stalling out, pinged even with 93 octane.

I sent it back and got the Superchips Flashpaq. 100% better, hasn't stalled yet. Lot's of power, easy to program, and internet upgradeable!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thought I should share this. The information below is what others have found on anohter forum site. The web address is listed at the bottom. Let me know of questions and I will try to get answers. The word I'm getting is that these will work with V6 (both 2.7 and 3.5) as well as the Hemi 8's

Regards,

Greg

B&G Gas Miser Flash (JTEC) - $350 includes shipping (2nd Day Air)
This PCM upgrade is designed for vehicles with no modifications (Average 1-4 mpg increase)

Revised timing & fuel tables for better gas mileage
Shift points raised to 5000 rpm
Rev limit raised to 5400 rpm

B&G Premium Flash (JTEC) - $350 includes shipping (2nd Day Air)
This PCM upgrade is designed for vehicles with little or no modifications using stock intake manifold

Revised premium fuel & timing tables
Shift points raised to 5000 rpm
Rev limit raised to 5400 rpm

B&G M1 Flash (JTEC) - $450 includes shipping (2nd Day Air) (*)
This PCM upgrade is designed for vehicles that have installed the M1 manifold.

Revised premium fuel & timing tables
Shift point raised to 5400 rpm
Rev limit raised to 6000 rpm
Torque management removed
Speed limit raised 130 mph

B&G 408 Flash (JTEC) - $450 includes shipping (2nd Day Air) (*)
This PCM upgrade is designed for vehicles that have installed “Stroked Motors” or highly modified with big cam or larger then stock injectors.

Revised premium fuel & timing tables (to accommodate big cam/large injectors)
Shift points raised to 5800 rpm
Rev limit raised to 6500 rpm
Speed limit raised 140 mph

B&G Supercharged Flash (JTEC) - $450 includes shipping (2nd Day Air) (*)
This PCM upgrade is designed for vehicles that have installed a supercharger that require a custom timing control once vehicle goes into boost.

Revised premium fuel & timing tables (accommodate supercharger)
Shift points raised 5800 rpm
Rev limit raised 6500 rpm
Speed limit raised 140 mph

B&G Custom Flash (JTEC) - $950 includes shipping (2nd Day Air) (*)
This PCM upgrade is designed for the customer who provides his own specifications for fuel and timing, shift points, rev limit, and speed limit settings or packages that are not factory engine/trans options.

Revised timing & fuel tables (per customer request)
Shift points (per customer request)
Rev limit (per customer request)
Speed limit raised but not removed (per customer request)

www.bgperformancepcm.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts